Singapore Expats

New to Singapore - Help us find cheap booze!

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
Leeee86

New to Singapore - Help us find cheap booze!

Post by Leeee86 » Fri, 21 Jul 2017 3:05 pm

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend (33 M Australian) and I (31 F American) moved to Singapore about a month ago after living in Beijing for three years. We'd love to meet some folks who can help us explore and in particular find all the best food/alcohol deals in the city. Let me know if any of you would like to join us in our quest.

A little about us: We're fairly active and outdoorsy, love to travel, watch a lot of TV on our computers, and enjoy shooting the shit over a pint or six with friends.

Cheers,
Lee

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: New to Singapore - Help us find cheap booze!

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 21 Jul 2017 4:06 pm

Leeee86 wrote:Hi everyone,

My boyfriend (33 M Australian) and I (31 F American) moved to Singapore about a month ago after living in Beijing for three years. We'd love to meet some folks who can help us explore and in particular find all the best food/alcohol deals in the city. Let me know if any of you would like to join us in our quest.

A little about us: We're fairly active and outdoorsy, love to travel, watch a lot of TV on our computers, and enjoy shooting the shit over a pint or six with friends.

Cheers,
Lee
Food deals galore.

Drink ? Singapore is not the cheapest place for drinks, I am sure you knew that ;)

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 24 Jul 2017 10:05 am

There are a few hawkers around who can still sell beer after 10pm - there's one near me on St Georges Rd.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Post by The Ref » Tue, 25 Jul 2017 10:23 am

Join a sports club - most sports clubs in Singapore get discount at their sponsor bars and it also helps in meeting people.
Rugby, Netball, dragon boating and even golf teams get discount at selective bars plus it helps to meet people.

My Dragon Boat team has a newbie day on 12 August - Dragon boating is good for men and women - come down and try it out and join a party and see if you like it
:D

https://www.facebook.com/events/1047481 ... nref=story

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 25 Jul 2017 1:23 pm

The Ref wrote:Join a sports club - most sports clubs in Singapore get discount at their sponsor bars and it also helps in meeting people.
Rugby, Netball, dragon boating and even golf teams get discount at selective bars plus it helps to meet people.

My Dragon Boat team has a newbie day on 12 August - Dragon boating is good for men and women - come down and try it out and join a party and see if you like it
:D

https://www.facebook.com/events/1047481 ... nref=story
Recruiting not allowed :D Just kidding.

And that reminds me, a sports club for certain ethnic group serves Scotch Whiskey at 3$ a shot, coke at 1.50 .. a members only privilege.

anub.mish

Post by anub.mish » Sun, 06 Aug 2017 11:19 pm

Haha, asking the real questions there. I think I can help. You'd have figured out by now that SG doesn't really have cheap drinks but there are a few bars I know which have good deals.

Happy to accompany!

Call me Anu.

Have a good week ahead.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk