Singapore Expats

Average salaries in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
clariceboecker

Re: Average salaries in Singapore

Post by clariceboecker » Mon, 03 Apr 2017 12:26 am

It really depends on your lifestyle and location of where you stay. Places that are further from town tend to be alot more affordable. My child studies at Tanglin Trust and after several years we moved further away and living costs were a lot more manageable. xo

parolant

Re: Setup new Company, Bank Account Matters

Post by parolant » Wed, 12 Apr 2017 8:20 am

sorry to asking this question on this topic,but can i know the basic salary for Singaporean in construction site? let say the levy quota is 1:7.

Mathew66

Post by Mathew66 » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 1:56 pm

Dear all,

Looking for a bit of advice regarding salary for mechanical engineering.

I'm a mechanical Engineer with 2 years and 3 months experience in the German automotive industry. I'm originally from England but was brought up and studied a masters degree in France.

I've been having interviews for jobs here in Singapore and I would like to get a better idea of what kind of salary I could expect. I've been trawling forums and websites like payscale to see what the norm is but thought I could maybe get some better advice here from you guys.

I've been told so far between 4300 - 4800 SGD. Would you say this is about correct?

On another related subject I've been checking the requirements for the EP salarywise. Doing the self assessment test the mininum salary I got corresponding to an accepted EP (and not S pass) was 4600 SGD. Not sure if I will manage to get this salary so I'm wondering if the self assessment test is that accurate seeing as it doesn't consider all factors and experience. I expect the reply to this question to be no #-o so I was wondering if from past experience anyone could give me some advice on this subject.

Thanks!

aleksandrowa

Post by aleksandrowa » Thu, 15 Jun 2017 9:41 pm

Hi All
Is around 5K SGD for Financial Analyst (5 yrs exp) at MNC ok?

Don't want to ask too much.

girly26

Re: en...

Post by girly26 » Sat, 17 Jun 2017 7:05 pm

givenchy wrote:the average middle-class skilled professional's salary should ranges from 4000-6000 bah?

but I know may ppl earn a lot of money each month, because they have their own business, they are self-empolyed.
Yes I think so too

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 18 Jun 2017 8:23 am

aleksandrowa wrote:Hi All
Is around 5K SGD for Financial Analyst (5 yrs exp) at MNC ok?

Don't want to ask too much.
On the low end I guess.

abhireddy001

Post by abhireddy001 » Mon, 19 Jun 2017 2:10 am

garry2361323 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:Most consultants work on client budgets, so if you had pushed, you may have been dropped ;) Or not.
Yes that was my thought while accepting the offer, you are correct I may pushed them for couple of bucks more.

My current salary in India doesn't match the Singapore offer in terms of cost of living.
Hi Garry
In your case you should have asked little more for the experience and skills you carry , but from my experience i would say thats how the companies are offering.
7800 SGD is a decent pay even if you are currently earning 17 Lakhs P/Annum in INDIA.
The Pros of accepting an offer is that, if you are looking ahead of future in Singapore this will be the decent step in offer, and plan accordingly in next switch. I guess this is position is for 1yr and renewal process.
The next thing you should take into consideration was the EP visa , as these days its taking longer time for Approval. Still how many days left on notice in current company ? Hope you didn't resign just looking out for this offer , as there is long way for the EP Approval.

I am one of them who is waiting for visa since 6 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pumpkinboo

Post by pumpkinboo » Mon, 19 Jun 2017 2:46 pm

Hi. Anyone can advise what is the average salary for degree holder 1 year exp, Account executive position?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

albertchan659

Post by albertchan659 » Tue, 20 Jun 2017 8:19 pm

i reckon anything from $2.5-$3.5 k would be pretty decent.

waky

Post by waky » Sun, 23 Jul 2017 1:52 am

Hello all, me and my wife are thinking to move from Netherlands to Singapore for a life experience for 1 - 2 years at least. I'm a telecommunication engineer (exp 8+ years), worked as integration engineer, project manager and now as a technical account manager in the telecommunication and IT industry. I also have experience in SDLC, Agile environment, etc. I would be interested to know what salary to expect from a Project Management role of a Technical Account Manager ?
I'm really a newbie, could maybe redirect me to some website where I can find more about the health insurance cost in Singapore, visas, etc.
Hope somebody could reply. Thanks in advance.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 23 Jul 2017 2:27 pm

waky wrote:Hello all, me and my wife are thinking to move from Netherlands to Singapore for a life experience for 1 - 2 years at least. I'm a telecommunication engineer (exp 8+ years), worked as integration engineer, project manager and now as a technical account manager in the telecommunication and IT industry. I also have experience in SDLC, Agile environment, etc. I would be interested to know what salary to expect from a Project Management role of a Technical Account Manager ?
I'm really a newbie, could maybe redirect me to some website where I can find more about the health insurance cost in Singapore, visas, etc.
Hope somebody could reply. Thanks in advance.
Do you have a job offer ?

For insurance and all, you can spend some time, and search the posts in this forum.

AnimaSha

Post by AnimaSha » Sun, 23 Jul 2017 3:20 pm

My friend is working in a construction firm for 2 years now (a civil engineer). While the pay was quite okay, he is having a hard time juggling his finances. I guess a large part of this stems from him not being able to live within his means. So the lesson: don't try to keep up with the others.

duluoz1

Post by duluoz1 » Sun, 23 Jul 2017 3:20 pm

The Kelly salary guide is a good estimate of earning potential. Very hard to give an accurate figure but I'd guess 120k to 150k a year roughly.

Health insurance depends on your circumstances, and depends on what your company offers and if you want to top it up. I just stick with what my employer offers. 5k a year would give you decent coverage though.

waky

Post by waky » Sun, 23 Jul 2017 11:53 pm

Hi ecurelix, I do not have a job offer yet. I want to make some research before to understand what can I earn and what I would need to earn.

Hi duluoz - the 5k is for one year for 2 persons ?

duluoz1

Post by duluoz1 » Sun, 23 Jul 2017 11:55 pm

The 5k is a very rough estimate. You might not be to buy any at all, as I said I don't. Best to ask for some estimates. It'll be between 5 and 10k though, SGD.
Last edited by duluoz1 on Sun, 23 Jul 2017 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.