Singapore Expats

Should I report this?

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Should I report this?

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 02 Dec 2016 11:25 pm

brian_singapore wrote: I followed up with HOME on the above mentioned FDW but they weren't willing to get involved in any meaningful way and just asked me to pass their helpline to the FDW and have her call them. They didn't have an answer when I pointed out she wasn't allowed to use the phone.
home is mostly volunteer call centre agents, was it Filipino sounding ?

Can't think out of the box too much, no offence. Can't blame them too much.

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by brian_singapore » Sat, 03 Dec 2016 8:58 am

ecureilx wrote:
brian_singapore wrote:

And strongly discourage new maids from agreeing to work 7 days a week.
I don't think the 7 day work weeks were voluntary. She told me she had 4 rest days in her contract and kept asking to take them.

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by brian_singapore » Sat, 03 Dec 2016 9:06 am

ecureilx wrote:
brian_singapore wrote: I followed up with HOME on the above mentioned FDW but they weren't willing to get involved in any meaningful way and just asked me to pass their helpline to the FDW and have her call them. They didn't have an answer when I pointed out she wasn't allowed to use the phone.
home is mostly volunteer call centre agents, was it Filipino sounding ?

Can't think out of the box too much, no offence. Can't blame them too much.
I tried phoning there helpline on a saturday and then a Sunday. No one picked up. I then went into their office in lucky plaza and spoke to someone who was a volunteer. I ended up speaking with a Singaporean on the phone who called me sometime after that. He sounded pretty knowledgeable but wasn't really willing to do anything unless she contacted hom by phone or I was able to bring her in person.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Should I report this?

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 03 Dec 2016 10:06 am

brian_singapore wrote: I tried phoning there helpline on a saturday and then a Sunday. No one picked up. I then went into their office in lucky plaza and spoke to someone who was a volunteer. I ended up speaking with a Singaporean on the phone who called me sometime after that. He sounded pretty knowledgeable but wasn't really willing to do anything unless she contacted hom by phone or I was able to bring her in person.
At least the issues is resolved.

The folks are pretty overloaded, with a lot of worker issues, especially construction workers being repatriated without pay.

There's a govt outfit called MWC, but I have no experience with them, and things being govt managed, not sure they would have helped as they too would have seen nothing wrong.

So try to get an affidavit from the girl and send it to MOM. Something need to be done to stop employers who easily breach the off day rule.

SabrinaLeemut

Re: Should I report this?

Post by SabrinaLeemut » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 2:37 pm

REPORT HER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO MAD I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT :x :x