Singapore Expats

PR application rejected after 3 months - should I appeal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Haroyken

PR application rejected after 3 months - should I appeal

Post by Haroyken » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 12:54 pm

Hi everyone,

My PR application together with my wife and son was rejected after 3 months with no "invite to apply in XXX years". I hope can get some expert opinion on my next course of action.

Here's some info on our application:
- Me: Vietnamese, 27 years old, been in Singapore for nearly 10 years
Study: Electrical & Electronics Engineering in NTU for 7 years, graduate only with Bachelor degree (I know !! Was enjoying my uni time to much)
Work: under EP as a Electronic Design Engineer right after graduation for 2 years at a reasonably established chip design company
Salary: 4000k + stock
- My wife: Vietnamese, 27 years old, residing in Singapore for 2 years
Study: Master of Laws, UK
Work: under S-Pass as Sales Exec at Watsons, not laws related due to incompatible degree
Salary: 2500k
- Son: 1.5 years old
Currently moving between Vietnam and Singapore on social visit pass (2 month in Vietnam, 2 month in Singapore) since he was born right after dependent pass salary requirement hike

That's it. By the way, this is our first PR application. Detrimental point on my application could be that I took quite long to finish my degree, plus at the time of application I haven't actually pay any tax yet.

Since the application I got promoted once and have actually pay tax for this assessment year. With this, should I bother trying to appeal ?

Otherwise, I'll probably try to apply for my son's dependent pass (despite the salary) and wait a year or so before re-applying for PR?

Thank you very much for any input

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: PR application rejected after 3 months - should I appeal

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 1:18 pm

Wait awhile until your circumstances improve.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Haroyken

Post by Haroyken » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 1:28 pm

Thanks for the reply. How do you define improve though ? Higher salary, properly have 3 years of tax assessment as ICA suggest ?

I'm trying my luck applying early so that our son can stay with us permanently. Cant bear to stay away from that little tyke :P and I'm not sure if switching like that is good for his emotional development

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 2:46 pm

Haroyken wrote:Thanks for the reply. How do you define improve though ? Higher salary, properly have 3 years of tax assessment as ICA suggest ?

I'm trying my luck applying early so that our son can stay with us permanently. Cant bear to stay away from that little tyke :P and I'm not sure if switching like that is good for his emotional development
:D

The best way to improve of course, is to change race ;)

Apply after 3 years of NOA.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 20 Jul 2017 3:21 pm

ICA very rarely sends the "apply after N years" kind of reply these days.

Both of you have to improve a lot on the career and salary part to stand a chance for PR.

They will know that you want your PR earlier since you want to bring your son here. But I feel you should meet atleast the DP requirements in terms of salary to qualify for PR.