Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Bree

Post by Bree » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 2:31 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Guest00 wrote:
blurz wrote: Hi Guest00, I have also yet to receive any email from them. I sent the email on 14th June.....Waiting..... :wink:
No, i had not yet received it. I dont know why. Dont know isit because my email didnt get thru (since their mailbox had abit of prob and i try resending it many times)? I am 24 with hons degree. Isit y? U? I am starting to think of all the reasons that i am being rejected and feeling hopeless... Let's hope that they are still looking at my application...
Hi, I send on the 17th, and I'm also a degree holder, this yr 25. I tink izit that we are over-qualify? Since they didnt mention recruiting degree holders? :(
I just graduated with a Degree in Engineering. I'm 24 years old. Both my qualification and age are not too far from you. I have been short-listed for an interview. My take is that your cover letter and other life skills have to be impressive... not just for the graduates, but for all applicants in general. Take heart, there'll be future opportunites.

Post by Guest » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 2:44 pm

jessie1 wrote:yipeee! i've received the final mgt interview from silkair! i'm so happy!!
can i check with is by mail or phone? when is e final interview?

Josh

SIA

Post by Josh » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 2:49 pm

Any male applicants out there have received their invitation for the interview ?

Guest00

Post by Guest00 » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 2:58 pm

Bree wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Guest00 wrote: No, i had not yet received it. I dont know why. Dont know isit because my email didnt get thru (since their mailbox had abit of prob and i try resending it many times)? I am 24 with hons degree. Isit y? U? I am starting to think of all the reasons that i am being rejected and feeling hopeless... Let's hope that they are still looking at my application...
Hi, I send on the 17th, and I'm also a degree holder, this yr 25. I tink izit that we are over-qualify? Since they didnt mention recruiting degree holders? :(
I just graduated with a Degree in Engineering. I'm 24 years old. Both my qualification and age are not too far from you. I have been short-listed for an interview. My take is that your cover letter and other life skills have to be impressive... not just for the graduates, but for all applicants in general. Take heart, there'll be future opportunites.
I thought my cover letter was alrite. Maybe its because i had a first class hons and am getting a very good salary of ~$36000/yr now. What other life skills can it be then... or maybe they are still considering

Bree

Post by Bree » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 3:07 pm

Guest00 wrote:
Bree wrote:
Anonymous wrote: Hi, I send on the 17th, and I'm also a degree holder, this yr 25. I tink izit that we are over-qualify? Since they didnt mention recruiting degree holders? :(
I thought my cover letter was alrite. Maybe its because i had a first class hons and am getting a very good salary of ~$36000/yr now. What other life skills can it be then... or maybe they are still considering
So if you forsee that would be a problem, you could have indicated in your cover letter that you are willing to give up the current job for a chance at this job. But I guess there's nothing too bad about staying in this current job. A first class honours can be put to better use in a lot of areas... unless you are, like I am, passionate about your dream of doing something else instead of a sucky deskbound job. Anyway, keep the hopes up! You do appear well-qualified for this position. You never know when they will send you the invitation. Cheers!

Post by Guest » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 3:16 pm

Guest00 wrote:
blurz wrote:
Guest00 wrote:Sob, i havent gotta any reply. Anyone who sent their application on the 17th got a reply?
Hi Guest00, I have also yet to receive any email from them. I sent the email on 14th June.....Waiting..... :wink:
No, i had not yet received it. I dont know why. Dont know isit because my email didnt get thru (since their mailbox had abit of prob and i try resending it many times)? I am 24 with hons degree. Isit y? U? I am starting to think of all the reasons that i am being rejected and feeling hopeless... Let's hope that they are still looking at my application...
I also just graduated..I quitted my job juz working with them one day becos I know I reli can't stand 9-5 office job..Still waiting for SIA reply..But I onli sent in aft the dateline...so maybe no hope le..feel v dishearten..maybe I shd juz go and apply those office executive job again..sob..All the best to u!

Post by Guest » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 4:01 pm

ani guys had the invitation?

Post by Guest » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 4:04 pm

I think guys and gals better think alternatives if u dont have a job right now in case u dont get in.Dont put too much hope for it...... Went for the interview on april batch.....thought i did ok but gets kick out on 1st rnd...hahaha...... feel so sad....

Dont to dampen ani1 spirit but just to shared my thoughts....

Post by Guest » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 4:05 pm

me too....feel so sad at that time....

MIE

Post by MIE » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 4:06 pm

well just want to give it a short......so many poeple want to be a part of SIA....haha

li

Post by li » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 4:08 pm

Anonymous wrote:I think guys and gals better think alternatives if u dont have a job right now in case u dont get in.Dont put too much hope for it...... Went for the interview on april batch.....thought i did ok but gets kick out on 1st rnd...hahaha...... feel so sad....

Dont to dampen ani1 spirit but just to shared my thoughts....
well... i dont have a job right now.....just have to put my finger crossed..

Post by Guest » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 4:16 pm

Bree wrote:
Guest00 wrote:
Bree wrote: I just graduated with a Degree in Engineering. I'm 24 years old. Both my qualification and age are not too far from you. I have been short-listed for an interview. My take is that your cover letter and other life skills have to be impressive... not just for the graduates, but for all applicants in general. Take heart, there'll be future opportunites.
So if you forsee that would be a problem, you could have indicated in your cover letter that you are willing to give up the current job for a chance at this job. But I guess there's nothing too bad about staying in this current job. A first class honours can be put to better use in a lot of areas... unless you are, like I am, passionate about your dream of doing something else instead of a sucky deskbound job. Anyway, keep the hopes up! You do appear well-qualified for this position. You never know when they will send you the invitation. Cheers!
i think cover letter must be able to sell yrself..aniway when u get the interview, cover letter become useless...it depends on what u performed at that time...

sheee

Post by sheee » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 4:18 pm

Guest00 wrote:
Bree wrote:
Anonymous wrote: Hi, I send on the 17th, and I'm also a degree holder, this yr 25. I tink izit that we are over-qualify? Since they didnt mention recruiting degree holders? :(

Whao...that 3k per month.....if i have that monthly salary, i wont quit for this job.... u cant really fly for a very long time.... if u want to have a family..

ii

Post by ii » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 4:20 pm

Bree wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Guest00 wrote: No, i had not yet received it. I dont know why. Dont know isit because my email didnt get thru (since their mailbox had abit of prob and i try resending it many times)? I am 24 with hons degree. Isit y? U? I am starting to think of all the reasons that i am being rejected and feeling hopeless... Let's hope that they are still looking at my application...

ya...dont worry.....for stewardess the recruitment is quite frequently...

cheesecake

Post by cheesecake » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 4:47 pm

hey anyone receive from silkair final round interview letter? My letter or call?