Singapore Expats

Spouse of PR Applicant, how long married before application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
VeryK

Spouse of PR Applicant, how long married before application

Post by VeryK » Tue, 11 Jul 2017 9:36 pm

Dear all,

Is there any limitation how long you have to be married before your husband can include you into his PR application?

I thought i read something a year or so ago that you have to be married at least 2 years before you can apply together. But i searched online and couldnt find that anymore.

He applied a few times before we were married alone. This year we are newly weds when he submits his application.
Would it be seen as positive or negative if i apply with him?

Thank you in advance

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Spouse of PR Applicant, how long married before application

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 12 Jul 2017 2:32 am

VeryK wrote:Dear all,

Is there any limitation how long you have to be married before your husband can include you into his PR application?

I thought i read something a year or so ago that you have to be married at least 2 years before you can apply together. But i searched online and couldnt find that anymore.

He applied a few times before we were married alone. This year we are newly weds when he submits his application.
Would it be seen as positive or negative if i apply with him?

Thank you in advance
3 years .. recommended.

But you can always apply after 1 year and see .

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Wed, 12 Jul 2017 9:01 am

As far as I know, your husband can include you in his PR application as a spouse as soon as you can provide the marriage certificate.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 12 Jul 2017 5:42 pm

OP, how long have you been in Singapore before you got married? The 2 year wait is usually reserved for SGCs or PRs who marry foreigners. This is to help protect them from themselves (with foreign spouses who are trying to gain entrance into Singapore via the marriage route). If neither of you are PRs then they could care less when you get married as if they don't like one then they reject both, no problem. But they might look more favorably if you have been married for 2 years before applying.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

VeryK

Post by VeryK » Wed, 12 Jul 2017 9:10 pm

Thank you for your replies.

I only started working here in Singapore in January. So therefore only 7months before our marriage.

I dont mind waiting to apply for PR myself since i have an S Pass and I do understand why the officials want you to be in the country for a certain time to integrate and experience all aspects of singapore.

The reason why I ask is:
I dont want to slimmer his chances by him including me in his application.

His company makes currently a lot of changes, most expats did not get extended. He has a local contract but since he is a foreigner the PR Status would give him higher security to stay here. We see singapore as our home and would be devastated if he could not continue working here.