Singapore Expats

tenancy dispute with landlord

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 07 Jan 2012 10:02 pm

Good for you, and nice to hear positive stories rather than the same ol' 'thieving landlords' anecdotes :)

p.s. I too got 100% of my depo back without any fuss.

CChoong

Re: tenancy dispute with landlord

Post by CChoong » Sat, 01 Jul 2017 2:01 pm

Hey Guys,

I have a dispute with my landlord about the early termination clause and compensation. the contract is stated that we can give each other 15 days of notice period for the termination. but, the landlord still asking me to compensate with 1 mth rental, in other clause but thats never mentioned thats tie to earlier termination and the landlord refuse to return the deposit to us as well. may i know what can we do and how much you will charge for this kind of case? the reason of the earlier termination is due to the unhappiness happen with the argument of the landlord leaving things behind and i keep asking the inventory list that i need to taking care off, they refuse to provide. i told them that some of the items are spoiled since day one, i even have the message to prove that, and they just what the item to stay in the house which i dont have place to put in my new item, then i ask them to take back they said cannot and follow by threatening us that Singapore law is just protect Singaporean and they can evict us from the house anytime they like. With this, i dont feel comfortable any more and decided to terminate earlier. Thanks, and by the way, i'm the tenant.

Where can i can the free legal advice, and etc?

Thanks,
CC

taxico
Director
Director

Re: tenancy dispute with landlord

Post by taxico » Tue, 04 Jul 2017 11:52 am

CChoong wrote:I have a dispute with my landlord about the early termination clause and compensation. the contract is stated that we can give each other 15 days of notice period for the termination. but, the landlord still asking me to compensate with 1 mth rental, in other clause but thats never mentioned thats tie to earlier termination and the landlord refuse to return the deposit to us as well. may i know what can we do and how much you will charge for this kind of case? the reason of the earlier termination is due to the unhappiness happen with the argument of the landlord leaving things behind and i keep asking the inventory list that i need to taking care off, they refuse to provide. i told them that some of the items are spoiled since day one, i even have the message to prove that, and they just what the item to stay in the house which i dont have place to put in my new item, then i ask them to take back they said cannot and follow by threatening us that Singapore law is just protect Singaporean and they can evict us from the house anytime they like. With this, i dont feel comfortable any more and decided to terminate earlier. Thanks, and by the way, i'm the tenant.

Where can i can the free legal advice, and etc?
if you believe you have a case, then just file on your own at small claims.

but i think you should first type the relevant clauses out here... or take a photo and attach (personal info censored if necessary).

you will get some free advice here with that - i don't think many people understand exactly what you mean...
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam