Singapore Expats

How to get out of blacklist

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Teh-O

How to get out of blacklist

Post by Teh-O » Thu, 29 Jun 2017 1:06 pm

Hi guys!

So my fam and I lived in SIngapore for about 10 years, and we were PRs just a couple of years ago. But we moved back to our motherland and gave up our PR status, thinking we would never want to stay in SG for so long ever again. However, we have become very fond of the country and of certain things we used to buy there, so I visit when I can. I recently clarified with my dad why he doesn't want to go visit with me since he keeps whining about sight-seeing there...and I found out that he may be blacklisted(?)

Apparently, his co-worker/ex-friend were managing a company together for about 2 years before we left. Then, this 'friend' of his just started borrowing money from banks and using it to fund their projects that always failed in the end. I don't think they ever profited from any of their business ventures, which was why my dad and his other co-workers were doing jobs outside of the company. Towards the end of our stay in SG, my mom, my sis and I left SG first while my dad finished off a few more projects at the company, and wanted to change the ownership of the company to just his 'friend' before he left. However, we found out that this 'friend' had used my dad's name in all of the documents and loans he took, so it now looked like my dad was the bad guy. And when my dad kept contacting this 'friend' to get him to sign the papers to move ownership, he had apprently left the country for a while, and de-activated his e-mails and blocked him from his social media accounts ](*,)

Now my questions are: Can my dad still come back to SG? And what do we need to do?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: How to get out of blacklist

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 29 Jun 2017 3:35 pm

:-k [-o< ?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 29 Jun 2017 3:38 pm

You need to find out if there are any outstanding warrants or bankruptcy proceeding pending. He can check to see if ACRA has any news on the company, e.g., in receivership, bankrupt, dormant, etc. Unless there are bankruptcy proceedings lodged against the company, I'm not sure if Immigration could do anything or not.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 29 Jun 2017 3:45 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You need to find out if there are any outstanding warrants or bankruptcy proceeding pending. He can check to see if ACRA has any news on the company, e.g., in receivership, bankrupt, dormant, etc. Unless there are bankruptcy proceedings lodged against the company, I'm not sure if Immigration could do anything or not.
Unless there are bankruptcy proceedings, ICA don't care !!! If there is, it is a criminal offense = jail.

This can be checked at https://www.mlaw.gov.sg/eservices/io/

Payment applies, and Singpass needed I think ..
Last edited by ecureilx on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.