Singapore Expats Forum

Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9782
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 19 Jun 2017 8:54 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
5zl wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Then better dont come back on SVP for the next 3-4 months.


May I know why do you say that?


It is their country and they can decide on how often you can enter as a tourist.

Actually the guy need to apply visa to come back, since he's from India.

5zl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 24 Apr 2017

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby 5zl » Mon, 19 Jun 2017 9:01 pm

ecureilx wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
5zl wrote:
May I know why do you say that?


It is their country and they can decide on how often you can enter as a tourist.

Actually the guy need to apply visa to come back, since he's from India.



Yes, you got my point, I need to apply visa, when can I apply to avoid any rejection since my epass has been cancelled a few days back , secondly if I ever get a job again in Singapore do my previous epass cancellation have effect on approval for new epass application submitted.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9782
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 20 Jun 2017 5:01 am

5zl wrote:Yes, you got my point, I need to apply visa, when can I apply to avoid any rejection since my epass has been cancelled a few days back , secondly if I ever get a job again in Singapore do my previous epass cancellation have effect on approval for new epass application submitted.


Nobody knows, and past cancellations have no bearing on new applications.

kesavanlife
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 22 Jun 2017

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP)

Postby kesavanlife » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 1:56 pm

Hi
I got an job offer from NTU as research fellow. HR applied for my EP on 1st june. Still no reply from MOM. When i check the status with my travel document. its showing Error no records found.
I asked HR by email They said EP pass is waiting for MOM clearance.
Any idea?? Thanks

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1268
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP)

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 2:28 pm

kesavanlife wrote:Hi
I got an job offer from NTU as research fellow. HR applied for my EP on 1st june. Still no reply from MOM. When i check the status with my travel document. its showing Error no records found.
I asked HR by email They said EP pass is waiting for MOM clearance.
Any idea?? Thanks



1. Are you going to be a direct employee or via a consultant?
2. Did the HR submit an online or Paper based application?

kesavanlife
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 22 Jun 2017

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP)

Postby kesavanlife » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 4:18 pm

Hello Singapore flyer
I am going to be a direct employee at NTU,
Yeah.. HR said that they will upload all the documents via online. and I confirmed with them. But I couldn't see the status in MOM website. Showing error message.

How long does it take? to get IPA from MOM.

singaporeflyer wrote:
kesavanlife wrote:Hi
I got an job offer from NTU as research fellow. HR applied for my EP on 1st june. Still no reply from MOM. When i check the status with my travel document. its showing Error no records found.
I asked HR by email They said EP pass is waiting for MOM clearance.
Any idea?? Thanks



1. Are you going to be a direct employee or via a consultant?
2. Did the HR submit an online or Paper based application?

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1268
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP)

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 4:23 pm

kesavanlife wrote:Hello Singapore flyer
I am going to be a direct employee at NTU,
Yeah.. HR said that they will upload all the documents via online. and I confirmed with them. But I couldn't see the status in MOM website. Showing error message.

How long does it take? to get IPA from MOM.

singaporeflyer wrote:
kesavanlife wrote:Hi
I got an job offer from NTU as research fellow. HR applied for my EP on 1st june. Still no reply from MOM. When i check the status with my travel document. its showing Error no records found.
I asked HR by email They said EP pass is waiting for MOM clearance.
Any idea?? Thanks



1. Are you going to be a direct employee or via a consultant?
2. Did the HR submit an online or Paper based application?


Too early to speak about IPA. First see if it is approved and then about IPA

We are aware of applications that recently took 1 week and also many close to 4 months.So, based on this can you guess how long will your application take? NO

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34456
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 5:47 pm

How long is a piece of string? :-k

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9782
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 6:38 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:How long is a piece of string? :-k

As a Uni Employee, the guy will reply - wait for it ;)

Divya09
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2017

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby Divya09 » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:06 pm

Information attached below:

Employment Pass (P1, P2 Pass, Q Pass, S Pass)
Short Term Employment Pass
Training Visit Pass
EntrePass
Dependant's Pass or Letter of Consent
Long Term Social Visit Pass
[hr]
[web]http://www.mom.gov.sg/MOM/CDA/0,1858,960------------,00.html[/web]
Please visit Singapore Ministry of Manpower for more information.

daisygirl_13
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2017

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby daisygirl_13 » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:25 pm

Hi, I am a masters graduate in information technology from top university in singapore. I have 2 years work exp back in india. I have received a job offer from a reputed IT firm , since their foreign quota is over they asking me to join in DP ( which I am eligible for since my husband is working in EP). If the employer submits the loc will it get approved? Is there any salary range for DP?

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10561
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 28 Jun 2017 12:08 am

daisygirl_13 wrote:Hi, I am a masters graduate in information technology from top university in singapore. I have 2 years work exp back in india. I have received a job offer from a reputed IT firm , since their foreign quota is over they asking me to join in DP ( which I am eligible for since my husband is working in EP). If the employer submits the loc will it get approved? Is there any salary range for DP?


There is a good chance that your LOC won't be approved, especially if they are paying you the same salary that they would have if you had gotten an S-Pass. MoM is not stupid... no quota so hire on LOC instead?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34456
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Jun 2017 12:11 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
daisygirl_13 wrote:Hi, I am a masters graduate in information technology from top university in singapore. I have 2 years work exp back in india. I have received a job offer from a reputed IT firm , since their foreign quota is over they asking me to join in DP ( which I am eligible for since my husband is working in EP). If the employer submits the loc will it get approved? Is there any salary range for DP?


There is a good chance that your LOC won't be approved, especially if they are paying you the same salary that they would have if you had gotten an S-Pass. MoM is not stupid... no quota so hire on LOC instead?


SE, I beg to differ. One of the reasons for the LoC for dependent pass holders was the fact that they could get rid of two for the price of one as the pass was tied to the EP holder. In fact, when LoC's were first mooted for LTVP holders of SG/PRs sponsors, I was one of the first to convert my S Pass holder back to the LoC. This also is a help to the employer as it reduces the S pass loading and levy. If she is qualified for the position and has the experience, I don't see any problem at all.

OP, don't accept a very low figure as then it IS a possibility that it won't get approved as it will be looked at as really taking a job away from a local. But if you are being offered a salary commensurate with the S pass salary I'd say your chances are very good.

daisygirl_13
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2017

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby daisygirl_13 » Mon, 18 Sep 2017 11:08 am

Tq Sms :) After so long approval process the company gave salary equivalent to current e-pass salary and applied LOC 15days back, but still the status is pending. usually it will get approved by 1 week so. but in my case its taking longer time. Any idea? thank you

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34456
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Information on Employment Pass (EP), Dependant Pass

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 18 Sep 2017 11:03 pm

Just hang in there. If the money is there, they are tightening up a bit on LoCs (primarily people with high pedigrees but accepting low salary admin jobs. So, they take a little bit longer, but you will probably eventually get it. MOM likes to play a waiting game I think, just to see how serious the applicant is. Just keep fingers crossed.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests