Singapore Expats

give birth in malaysia

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jackkyip

give birth in malaysia

Post by jackkyip » Mon, 26 Jun 2017 2:28 am

Hi everyone,

I'm Singaporean and my wife is Malaysian (PR). wife going to delivery baby in malaysia,
does anyone know, how my baby get dual citizen? when baby born in malaysia, is automatic grants as Malaysia or Singaporean ?

is the baby is grants as Singaporean, is that mean baby cant stay long period rite?

thanks

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: give birth in malaysia

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 26 Jun 2017 3:22 pm

jackkyip wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm Singaporean and my wife is Malaysian (PR). wife going to delivery baby in malaysia,
does anyone know, how my baby get dual citizen? when baby born in malaysia, is automatic grants as Malaysia or Singaporean ?

is the baby is grants as Singaporean, is that mean baby cant stay long period rite?

thanks
Once given birth register in Singapore High Commission. They will advice accordingly.

SaraAbdul

Post by SaraAbdul » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 9:30 am

thanks

Hi,

Both Malaysia and Sinapore does not allow dual citizenship. if already registered by both both country, the person by 18 years old must give up one of it.

jackkyip

Post by jackkyip » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 9:59 pm

ecureilx wrote:

thanks
Once given birth register in Singapore High Commission. They will advice accordingly.
thanks.

jackkyip

Post by jackkyip » Tue, 27 Jun 2017 10:01 pm

SaraAbdul wrote:

thanks

Hi,

Both Malaysia and Sinapore does not allow dual citizenship. if already registered by both both country, the person by 18 years old must give up one of it.
i know, i just worry, baby born in malaysia but cannot get malaysia birth cert and baby need to leave after 30days as malaysia only allow foreigner stay max 30 for single entry.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 28 Jun 2017 8:34 am

jackkyip wrote:
SaraAbdul wrote: Both Malaysia and Sinapore does not allow dual citizenship. if already registered by both both country, the person by 18 years old must give up one of it.
i know, i just worry, baby born in malaysia but cannot get malaysia birth cert and baby need to leave after 30days as malaysia only allow foreigner stay max 30 for single entry.
No need worry so much.

cittakaro

Post by cittakaro » Thu, 29 Jun 2017 10:21 am

If your wife is Malaysian and give birth in Malaysia, your baby will have Malaysian Citizenship. After that you need to get passport for your baby and register Singapore Citizenship for your baby. Singapore allows dual citizenship until 18 yo, but Malaysia does not allow. So your baby will only has one passport, Malaysian Passport. If Malaysian Government know that your baby has dual citizenship/passport, they will revoke your baby citizenship.

jackkyip

Post by jackkyip » Mon, 10 Jul 2017 12:40 pm

Thx. Coz wife wants to do confinement in Malaysia so it's easy for her gives birth in Malaysia.after bringing back baby to Singapore will convert baby to Singaporean.

Thx
cittakaro wrote:If your wife is Malaysian and give birth in Malaysia, your baby will have Malaysian Citizenship. After that you need to get passport for your baby and register Singapore Citizenship for your baby. Singapore allows dual citizenship until 18 yo, but Malaysia does not allow. So your baby will only has one passport, Malaysian Passport. If Malaysian Government know that your baby has dual citizenship/passport, they will revoke your baby citizenship.

cittakaro

Post by cittakaro » Tue, 11 Jul 2017 10:00 am

jackkyip wrote:Thx. Coz wife wants to do confinement in Malaysia so it's easy for her gives birth in Malaysia.after bringing back baby to Singapore will convert baby to Singaporean.

Thx
cittakaro wrote:If your wife is Malaysian and give birth in Malaysia, your baby will have Malaysian Citizenship. After that you need to get passport for your baby and register Singapore Citizenship for your baby. Singapore allows dual citizenship until 18 yo, but Malaysia does not allow. So your baby will only has one passport, Malaysian Passport. If Malaysian Government know that your baby has dual citizenship/passport, they will revoke your baby citizenship.
My wife delivered our son in Malaysia, only cost us rm 65. maybe you should consider too :P
Government Hospital.

sunnylemon

Post by sunnylemon » Thu, 26 Apr 2018 9:23 pm

Hi,
My husband just converted to SG citizen last year and I am Malaysian- Singapore PR. We hope to deliver in Malaysia as our families are there and we can get help with baby. Also cheaper as well

We were wondering if we should register for
Malaysian Birth Cert, Apply Malaysian Passport, Exit Malaysia then come back to SG to registered Singapore Birth Cert, Citizen and Passport?

OR just go to Singapore Consulate in JB Citysquare, get a one time travel pass, bring baby back to register BC and Citizenship?

Our priority is to get Singapore Citizenship and Baby Bonus benefits. However if we can get dual citizenship would be great as well.

Please share your experience jackkyip.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 27 Apr 2018 9:59 am

This may help a bit. Please take the time necessary to read the entire thread as there are several examples/permutations contained therein

viewtopic.php?t=104321&hilit=Singapore+ ... ip#p707129
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bcheng74
Chatter
Chatter

give birth in malaysia

Post by bcheng74 » Sat, 28 Apr 2018 4:58 am

sunnylemon wrote:Hi,
My husband just converted to SG citizen last year and I am Malaysian- Singapore PR. We hope to deliver in Malaysia as our families are there and we can get help with baby. Also cheaper as well

We were wondering if we should register for
Malaysian Birth Cert, Apply Malaysian Passport, Exit Malaysia then come back to SG to registered Singapore Birth Cert, Citizen and Passport?

OR just go to Singapore Consulate in JB Citysquare, get a one time travel pass, bring baby back to register BC and Citizenship?

Our priority is to get Singapore Citizenship and Baby Bonus benefits. However if we can get dual citizenship would be great as well.

Please share your experience jackkyip.
Not sure how you can get a SG birth cert if the baby is not born in SG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk