Singapore Expats

Warning about shop: Excel Cycle

Discuss anything relating to automotive here, from car leasing to buying a vehicle.
excelcycle

Warning about shop: Excel Cycle

Post by excelcycle » Sat, 24 Jun 2017 10:26 am

Hi everyone,

I was in Singapore for more than a year and took time to take the motorcycling license class 2A after conversion. I bought a motorcycle on COI from Excel Cycle.

When I was about to leave, Excel Cycle made it difficult for me and wants even more cash than agreed. I wanted to hand the bike to another Singaporean buyer and dealed with the other person via the marketplace Carousell.

Unfortunately when we went down to hand over the bike, the shop guys Lawrence, claimed that they need weeks to do the processing and need to perform several transactions, of course with even more money.

The buyer decided not to buy and I had no choice but to just leave the country.

When I checked back on Carousell, Excel Cycle had posted my motorcycle for sale, at a MUCH higher price. I couldn't believe what I saw!

Today I spot another expat owner's bike being sold at a price that seemed unreasonable. Excel Cycle is simply greedy and they take advantage of expats who have no local knowledge about market prices and procedures.

I heard from Singaporean colleagues that the processing is almost instant and transfer can be made immediately. But Excel Cycle decided to make it difficult so that they can take advantage of the situation and earn more money.

Please do not get scammed by this greedy shop.

They are located at: 95 Kaki Bukit Ave 1, Singapore 415982

:x