Singapore Expats

WhatsApp Login Issues on Android Smartphone

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
David375

WhatsApp Login Issues on Android Smartphone

Post by David375 » Mon, 19 Jun 2017 11:04 pm

I was an active iPhone users for more than 5 years now and now I purchased Samsung Galaxy S8 instead of iPhone 7 Plus (this is the worst decision of my life) because now I don't even know from where to download basic applications like WhatsApp and Skype, I am simply not even able to WhatsApp login in my previous iPhone, I think I made some error while installing and setting up WhatsApp App in my S8.

Well, the main issue is I do not receive OTP and without I can't do WhatsApp Login in my new smartphone, please help me with this.
Last edited by David375 on Thu, 22 Jun 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taxico
Director
Director

Re: WhatsApp Login Issues on Android Smartphone

Post by taxico » Tue, 20 Jun 2017 10:53 am

do you have another phone to stick your sim card into?
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 20 Jun 2017 3:02 pm

David375 wrote:I was an active iPhone users for more than 5 years now and now I purchased Samsung Galaxy S8 instead of iPhone 7 Plus (this is the worst decision of my life) because now I don't even know from where to download basic applications like WhatsApp and Skype :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o , I am simply not even able to WhatsApp login in my previous iPhone, I think I made some error while installing and setting up WhatsApp App in my S8.

Well, the main issue is I do not receive OTP and without I can't do WhatsApp Login in my new smartphone, please help me with this.
Is this a joke?

Play Store is exactly the same as downloading an app for iPhone.

If you have installed incorrectly , just uninstall and re-install, you then give your phone number , and the password that is sent is automatically recognised by the application and away you go, at least it was on my Samdung :lol: J5 ( which really is a terrible phone)

Is this some kind of planted posting to make iPhone seem only accessible by folk who are not playing with a full deck.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 20 Jun 2017 4:09 pm

Barnsley wrote: Is this a joke?

Play Store is exactly the same as downloading an app for iPhone.

If you have installed incorrectly , just uninstall and re-install, you then give your phone number , and the password that is sent is automatically recognised by the application and away you go, at least it was on my Samdung :lol: J5 ( which really is a terrible phone)

Is this some kind of planted posting to make iPhone seem only accessible by folk who are not playing with a full deck.
My Whatsapp is on an Android Phone, tagged to my other SIM #.

Same process, when I install WA, it sends SMS to the other phone, key in the SMS on WA - DONE !! Wasn't hard when I had to swap out nearly 5 phones over the last 3 years, due to upgrades, downgrades, crashes, corrupt etc (none of them fault of Android OS)