Singapore Expats Forum

Impact of EP application on pending PEP application?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
JJonPB
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 14 Jun 2017

Impact of EP application on pending PEP application?

Postby JJonPB » Wed, 14 Jun 2017 6:01 pm

While my PEP application is still pending with MOM, an employer is keen for me to start asap. If they submit an EP application on my behalf, what possible impact this may have on my pending PEP application?

[I don't currently hold any SG employment visas -- this is for my first job in SG]

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Impact of EP application on pending PEP application?

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 16 Jun 2017 2:41 pm

JJonPB wrote:While my PEP application is still pending with MOM, an employer is keen for me to start asap. If they submit an EP application on my behalf, what possible impact this may have on my pending PEP application?

[I don't currently hold any SG employment visas -- this is for my first job in SG]


No impact. PEP can be applied in parallel to an EP application or even after your EP is approved.

JJonPB
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 14 Jun 2017

Re: Impact of EP application on pending PEP application?

Postby JJonPB » Fri, 16 Jun 2017 2:47 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
JJonPB wrote:While my PEP application is still pending with MOM, an employer is keen for me to start asap. If they submit an EP application on my behalf, what possible impact this may have on my pending PEP application?

[I don't currently hold any SG employment visas -- this is for my first job in SG]


No impact. PEP can be applied in parallel to an EP application or even after your EP is approved.


Thanks. Opposite sequence in my case, though: PEP application is already pending, and no EP application yet. Does this change your opinion?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Impact of EP application on pending PEP application?

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 16 Jun 2017 5:07 pm

JJonPB wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
JJonPB wrote:While my PEP application is still pending with MOM, an employer is keen for me to start asap. If they submit an EP application on my behalf, what possible impact this may have on my pending PEP application?

[I don't currently hold any SG employment visas -- this is for my first job in SG]


No impact. PEP can be applied in parallel to an EP application or even after your EP is approved.


Thanks. Opposite sequence in my case, though: PEP application is already pending, and no EP application yet. Does this change your opinion?


No Impact


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest