Singapore Expats

Medical Exam result takes 2 weeks to get

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
deva0987

Medical Exam result takes 2 weeks to get

Post by deva0987 » Fri, 09 Jun 2017 1:33 pm

Hello friends, I am Malaysian and trying to get job in SG. And never worked overseas before this.

Recently I got a job offer with good salary in SG. I was so happy for the news and went to medical exam in Raffles Hospital.

Please note that I don't have any illness before this and never involved in any risky activities. (I'm still a virgin though).

This is what happened: I went for medical exam and I come back after 3 days to collect my report, the nurse says she have to take my blood sample again because my earlier blood sample was rejected. She claimed that she tried to contact my phone but goes to voicemail( I never off my hand phone and Malaysian phone no still contactable in Singapore) She told me to come the next day to collect the report.

On the next day, another nurse told me that my blood sample was sent to outside lab and have to wait for next 2 week to get the report. She again told me that my Malaysian phone no still cannot reach when she call.

My question is:

1. Is anyone has faced this kind of situation before?
2. Is it means they detect an illness in my blood sample and they don't have want to tell me personally to avoid an awkward and emotional situation, so they are giving excuses such phone cannot reachable. Etc
3.Is it advisable to give 2 week notice to current job since sg job want me to start immediately after medical report.

Please advise fellow friends. Thanks in advance.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Medical Exam result takes 2 weeks to get

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 09 Jun 2017 2:59 pm

deva0987 wrote:Hello friends, I am Malaysian and trying to get job in SG. And never worked overseas before this.

Recently I got a job offer with good salary in SG. I was so happy for the news and went to medical exam in Raffles Hospital.

Please note that I don't have any illness before this and never involved in any risky activities. (I'm still a virgin though).

This is what happened: I went for medical exam and I come back after 3 days to collect my report, the nurse says she have to take my blood sample again because my earlier blood sample was rejected. She claimed that she tried to contact my phone but goes to voicemail( I never off my hand phone and Malaysian phone no still contactable in Singapore) She told me to come the next day to collect the report.

On the next day, another nurse told me that my blood sample was sent to outside lab and have to wait for next 2 week to get the report. She again told me that my Malaysian phone no still cannot reach when she call.

My question is:

1. Is anyone has faced this kind of situation before?
2. Is it means they detect an illness in my blood sample and they don't have want to tell me personally to avoid an awkward and emotional situation, so they are giving excuses such phone cannot reachable. Etc
3.Is it advisable to give 2 week notice to current job since sg job want me to start immediately after medical report.

Please advise fellow friends. Thanks in advance.
To answer your question about not being contactable, do you really believe folks will call you to your overseas number ? :) :) Especially a nurse in a hospital who will have to explain why she called an overseas number ?

If you are interested, a) get a Singapore Number, or b) get their number and call them.

And what is this virgin business ? People get infected through a lot of sources, including Hepatitis from Seafood !

deva0987

Post by deva0987 » Sun, 11 Jun 2017 9:38 am

Update : went for a rapid test. Result is non reactive.. can anyone tell me what possibly go wrong?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 11 Jun 2017 2:10 pm

deva0987 wrote:Update : went for a rapid test. Result is non reactive.. can anyone tell me what possibly go wrong?
You can lose your head worrying about a non existent problem ?

How about your X ray ?