Singapore Expats

MBBS Doctor jobs in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Re: MBBS Doctor jobs in Singapore

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 29 Mar 2017 12:18 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:And you are a doctor? Dog help us! :roll:
And i thought my cousin was the worst doctor in the world. There always has to be someone who can hit a new low lol
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: MBBS Doctor jobs in Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 29 Mar 2017 9:34 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:And you are a doctor? Dog help us! :roll:
And i thought my cousin was the worst doctor in the world. There always has to be someone who can hit a new low lol
Ouch, ouch. Multiple ouch.

Jacobsmile

Post by Jacobsmile » Sun, 09 Apr 2017 11:12 pm

I am a UK medical graduate. I have completed MRCP and full dermatology training. I am completing histopathology training and planning a subspecialty fellowship in dermatopathology. I.e. I will be both a consultant dermatologist and consultant histopathologist (both UK trained).

Is all my postgraduate training recognised in singapore? Will I be able to start working at at least associate consultant level? Also what are the odds of full registration- my specialties are pretty big private ones?
Many thanks

fanyadivas

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: MBBS Doctor jobs in Singapore

Post by fanyadivas » Tue, 11 Apr 2017 12:36 pm

ecureilx wrote:[quote="fanyadivas"-
Indonesia, and i got hired by sengkang hospital.
the verification is done in august. i have monitored everything since my employer in sengkang warned me regarding this issue. I'm sure 100% that SMC got everything they need about me, i have checked it with my previous employer and my uni.
at the moment, i have no Idea what other things still holding back my application and approval from SMC. this April its gonna be 7 months.
shall i keep waiting ? or is there anything i can do about it ?
I'm married to singaporean, blessed with 2 children. i cannot wait to be reunited with my family again, and its all depending on SMC. I'm still keeping my old job in my country, until SMC give the approval.
in the meanwhile I'm pursuing MRCP. i have done part 1 recently and preparing for part 2.
you can't speed up SMC processes.

Just take it easy and pray.[/quote]

thanks ecureilx.
ill just proceed to mrcp part 2 meanwhile
God bless u.
your info is helping lots of ppl

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: MBBS Doctor jobs in Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 12 Apr 2017 9:20 am

Jacobsmile wrote:I am a UK medical graduate. I have completed MRCP and full dermatology training. I am completing histopathology training and planning a subspecialty fellowship in dermatopathology. I.e. I will be both a consultant dermatologist and consultant histopathologist (both UK trained).

Is all my postgraduate training recognised in singapore? Will I be able to start working at at least associate consultant level? Also what are the odds of full registration- my specialties are pretty big private ones?
Many thanks
Did you take a look at the list of recognised universities in SMCs list ?

What level you will start working will depend on the employers offer.

sugail

Post by sugail » Wed, 07 Jun 2017 4:58 pm

hello.. i am an mbbs graduate finished in India.. my college is recognised by SMC.. i heard tat dis year they prefer only western country docs.. if from India even if our clg is recog by SMC we need to have mrcp or mrcs to get job as medical officer.. is it true?? will dey hire indian docs with only mbbs finished in smc recog clg?? pls somebody help

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 07 Jun 2017 9:10 pm

sugail wrote:hello.. i am an mbbs graduate finished in India.. my college is recognised by SMC.. i heard tat dis year they prefer only western country docs.. if from India even if our clg is recog by SMC we need to have mrcp or mrcs to get job as medical officer.. is it true?? will dey hire indian docs with only mbbs finished in smc recog clg?? pls somebody help
They (and I) will probably prefer someone who can use "that" instead of "tat", "this" instead of "dis", and "they" instead of "dey"... that looks pretty crappy in a medical report.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 07 Jun 2017 10:53 pm

sugail wrote:hello.. i am an mbbs graduate finished in India.. my college is recognised by SMC.. i heard tat dis year they prefer only western country docs.. if from India even if our clg is recog by SMC we need to have mrcp or mrcs to get job as medical officer.. is it true?? will dey hire indian docs with only mbbs finished in smc recog clg?? pls somebody help
clg?

English ?

No. With some irony, westerners aren't preferred as they demand high pay but you may accept A starting of 3,200.

Trust me, you will NOT go up the chain even with Mrcp or mrcs. You may not even start as MO, but more like HO equivalent. Unless you graduated from a top college with top scores

Why you want to move to Singapore ?

What's this clg? Is it a medical term ?

sugail

Post by sugail » Thu, 08 Jun 2017 12:05 am

@ecureilx:sent you a PM

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 08 Jun 2017 10:29 pm

sugail wrote:@ecureilx:sent you a PM
You should post your question here so the in house doctor can answer.

Oh, yes, life is tough. There's no guarantee you'll have a continued contract here or move up from T registration.

Demands to pass MRCP and such for contract extension, aren't uncommon. And you will most likely be on contract, annual or Biannual at most. And if and when Singapore hits the local doctor numbers you won't be retained. And statistics say they may reach that target soon.

Unless you are top ranker from a top Uni you will struggle, really struggle.

If your intention is to earn, look to middle East, Bahrain, UAE, where you may have better QoL working.

PS. What's with your text speak again ?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 12 Jun 2017 7:37 pm

userexperience wrote:I too checked the website...its indeed a great help from your side..i will check into it...then i will try my position as house officer there for a year then let me apply for resident there..thanks a lot for your info.
Don't be disappointed if you get anchored as A HO for long time.

Good luck

drsundu

Post by drsundu » Tue, 04 Jul 2017 2:10 am

Hi,
I am MD Medicine from non listed university in India. Currently pursuing Medical Oncology speciality course. I wanted to know job and training prospectives for me in Singapore.
Can someone help?

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Tue, 04 Jul 2017 12:53 pm

it's almost like... he got his medical degree without learning how to read.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 04 Jul 2017 7:48 pm

taxico wrote:it's almost like... he got his medical degree without learning how to read.
Why read when one can prod others to do their leg work ? ;)

kozizi

Post by kozizi » Fri, 07 Jul 2017 11:05 am

Do doctors treat allergic reactions from 'dey','dis','wud', 'dat' ?
:???: