Singapore Expats

3rd TRY FOR PR APPLICATION

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
fullhouse3010

3rd TRY FOR PR APPLICATION

Post by fullhouse3010 » Tue, 06 Jun 2017 9:15 am

Hello folks,

Thank you for taking time to read my post

Race- Vietnamese
Sex- female
Age- turning 25 this sept 17
Can speak mandarin but it isnt documented in any paper coz I studied in Vietnam as private tuition before moving here.

1st application - Nov 2015 (rejected and continued staying on yrs current pass) rejected in jan 16

1) Length of staying sg: from 2008 to 2015
Sec school (O levels) from 2008 to 2010 in one of the government sec school
Ngee ann Poly (diploma) from April 2011 to April 2014. Graduated as one of the top students in the cohort. Got a few awards for my study.
2) Started working for first job from May 14 to Dec 14- salary SGD2,300
Second job from Jan 15 to April 17 salary at the time of first application is SGD2,400 and got rejected. A big local company

3) holding spass - NOA exempted

*2nd application - Sep 16 and got rejected in nov 16 (letter said continue staying on urs current pass).

At this time of application - profile slightly different in terms of pay SGD 2,600 and got a professional certificate in the industry I worked for.

Holding SPASS - NOA once

*3rd application - which is next month

Changed job to another company (a big hongkong company) with salary increment to SGD 3,000 in May 17. After probation is SGD 3,200

Stil holding spass. Got a part time degree from SIM. There will be three recommendation letters : first from my 1st company's manager, second will be from my previous company's VP, and last one will be from my direct boss in the current company.

At the time being, I have been paying tax 3 times. What do you think my chance is?

Thank you for your time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: 3rd TRY FOR PR APPLICATION

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 06 Jun 2017 3:48 pm

Possible, but don't hold your breath. It would appear that Sg doesn't like to give VN gals PR. I have two working for me at the moment. One married to a SG citizen the other married to a Uni lecturer (VN with Sg PR). Both working for me on LoC's one only a couple of months, the other for 4 years as of last month. She was previously on an S pass but converted the first month of the LoC for Spouses of Sg/Prs. Both have tried to get PR to no avail. :-/
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Dolphin1986

Post by Dolphin1986 » Tue, 06 Jun 2017 4:05 pm

fullhouse3010 wrote:Hello folks,

Race- Vietnamese
Sex- female
Can speak mandarin but it isnt documented in any paper coz I studied in Vietnam as private tuition before moving here.

1st application - Nov 2015 (rejected and continued staying on yrs current pass) rejected in jan 16

Ngee ann Poly (diploma) from April 2011 to April 2014. Graduated as one of the top students in the cohort. Got a few awards for my study.
Second job from Jan 15 to April 17 salary at the time of first application is SGD2,400 and got rejected. A big local company

*2nd application - Sep 16 and got rejected in nov 16 (letter said continue staying on urs current pass).

At this time of application - profile slightly different in terms of pay SGD 2,600 and got a professional certificate in the industry I worked for.

Holding SPASS - NOA once

Changed job to another company (a big hongkong company) with salary increment to SGD 3,000 in May 17. After probation is SGD 3,200

Stil holding spass. Got a part time degree from SIM. There will be three recommendation letters : first from my 1st company's manager, second will be from my previous company's VP, and last one will be from my direct boss in the current company.

At the time being, I have been paying tax 3 times. What do you think my chance is?

Thank you for your time

Pertaining to your profile I think it stand a positive chance.
Local university graduated and significant improvements over the years from various of areas.
The only thing not strong enough is with joining a new firm I don't think you have 6 months of payslip with current employer ?
Would be great with complete document to submit your application.
But I think you're really talented. All the best to your application.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

fullhouse3010

Post by fullhouse3010 » Tue, 06 Jun 2017 5:12 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Possible, but don't hold your breath. It would appear that Sg doesn't like to give VN gals PR. I have two working for me at the moment. One married to a SG citizen the other married to a Uni lecturer (VN with Sg PR). Both working for me on LoC's one only a couple of months, the other for 4 years as of last month. She was previously on an S pass but converted the first month of the LoC for Spouses of Sg/Prs. Both have tried to get PR to no avail. :-/
Thanks for your input. Sad to say but what to do we are not in favour. However, i guess it pretty much depends on luck. One of my frens who is vietnamese got his after waiting for 6 months. He is a non-chinese. I shall try till I got one.

fullhouse3010

Post by fullhouse3010 » Tue, 06 Jun 2017 5:14 pm

Dolphin1986 wrote:

Race- Vietnamese
Sex- female

Holding SPASS - NOA once

Thank you for your time

Local university graduated and significant improvements over the years from various of areas.
The only thing not strong enough is with joining a new firm I don't think you have 6 months of payslip with current employer ?

Thank you for your inputs. Will update in dur course

Dolphin1986

Post by Dolphin1986 » Tue, 06 Jun 2017 5:24 pm

fullhouse3010 wrote:
Dolphin1986 wrote:

Race- Vietnamese
Sex- female

Holding SPASS - NOA once

Thank you for your time

I don't think Singapore select candidates based on races that's too stereotyping . I'm also Chinese but I still get rejected
Everyone stand fair chance

Keep finger cross .

fullhouse3010

Post by fullhouse3010 » Tue, 06 Jun 2017 5:29 pm

Dolphin1986 wrote:
fullhouse3010 wrote:
Dolphin1986 wrote: Pertaining to your profile I think it stand a positive chance.

I don't think Singapore select candidates based on races that's too stereotyping . I'm also Chinese but I still get rejected

Keep finger cross .

Maybe i shall put chinese race has a higher chance of success. I do know indonesian chinese who got her Pr on third time after two rejection letters. I guess it's the matter of being perseverance and persistence of moving forward after getting rejected. And whether one is seriously wanting to be rooted here as "home"

jackyjacky88

Post by jackyjacky88 » Thu, 08 Mar 2018 10:01 pm

fullhouse3010 wrote:
Dolphin1986 wrote:
fullhouse3010 wrote:

Keep finger cross .

Maybe i shall put chinese race has a higher chance of success. I do know indonesian chinese who got her Pr on third time after two rejection letters. I guess it's the matter of being perseverance and persistence of moving forward after getting rejected. And whether one is seriously wanting to be rooted here as "home"

What's his profile tho as I'm Indonesian as well