Singapore Expats

Air traffic controller

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ahboy25
Regular
Regular

Re: Air traffic controller

Post by ahboy25 » Mon, 29 May 2017 7:24 pm

jtzw1988 wrote:Oic. Just sent an email to check on the status but seems like there is no reply.

Amazing thing is Christina ask me to go for apt test 1 month before 4 May. Speaking of doing things forward.
Hmmmm they do usually take a while for some, and quite quickly for others. I guess give it some time? nothing much you can do about it too. You can see what i've written previously and it took mine a really long time. Bear in mind that there can be anywhere up to 6000+ applicants in a span of 1 year, and possibly only 60 odd gets through in 2 intakes. I'm not saying that to discourage you, but just think of the amount of paperwork they have to sort out haha

Funnybunnypyo

Post by Funnybunnypyo » Wed, 31 May 2017 11:31 am

Can I just check if private uni/poly grad will be considered for atc?

ahboy25
Regular
Regular

Post by ahboy25 » Wed, 31 May 2017 6:05 pm

Funnybunnypyo wrote:Can I just check if private uni/poly grad will be considered for atc?
There are poly grads in the program. I personally am from RMIT so ya, private uni will be considered too :)

Funnybunnypyo

Post by Funnybunnypyo » Thu, 01 Jun 2017 2:15 pm

ahboy25 wrote:
Funnybunnypyo wrote:Can I just check if private uni/poly grad will be considered for atc?
There are poly grads in the program. I personally am from RMIT so ya, private uni will be considered too :)
Are there grads from sch that are not so recognised such as mdis? My friend tried applying but got rejected. Not sure if it is because of the sch.

ahboy25
Regular
Regular

Post by ahboy25 » Thu, 01 Jun 2017 3:09 pm

Funnybunnypyo wrote:
ahboy25 wrote:
Are there grads from sch that are not so recognised such as mdis? My friend tried applying but got rejected. Not sure if it is because of the sch.
I doubt will get rejected because of that, but try again though, no harm!

ahboy25
Regular
Regular

Post by ahboy25 » Thu, 01 Jun 2017 3:10 pm

Anyone came for the orientation today? :D

jtzw1988

Post by jtzw1988 » Thu, 01 Jun 2017 4:52 pm

no reply from HR till date. orientation means those are the ppl that got thru the panel interview?
ahboy25 wrote:Anyone came for the orientation today? :D

ahboy25
Regular
Regular

Post by ahboy25 » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 12:28 am

jtzw1988 wrote:no reply from HR till date. orientation means those are the ppl that got thru the panel interview?
Not necessarily, after orientation there should be a 2nd round of interview. There's usually a few batches of orientations

Toofle

Post by Toofle » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 2:12 am

Yes, I was there. The demo in aerodrome simulator room (SAA) was cool.

But the highlight was the curtains opening up in the SATCC gallery to reveal the controllers working below. It was unexpected. I thought it was a wall..!

ahboy25
Regular
Regular

Post by ahboy25 » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 6:37 am

Toofle wrote:

But the highlight was the curtains opening up in the SATCC gallery to reveal the controllers working below. It was unexpected. I thought it was a wall..!
Ahhh yaaa every one would think the aerodrome simulator is cool, I thought it was awesome haha. Guess no one had an impression of the approach simulator? Haha!

Ya I thought the controllers was cool too, we even got to go in to the ops room then to get a closer look which was even cooler

jtzw1988

Post by jtzw1988 » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 10:24 am

Toofle wrote:

hi Toofle,

when did you submit your application? able to share your timeline?
ahboy25 wrote:
Toofle wrote:

Ahhh yaaa every one would think the aerodrome simulator is cool, I thought it was awesome haha. Guess no one had an impression of the approach simulator? Haha!

Ya I thought the controllers was cool too, we even got to go in to the ops room then to get a closer look which was even cooler

I am suspecting its either I am being pushed back to march intake or its rejected and they have not updated the status yet. I definitely din do well for the pin ball part.i am still pinning to the hope that I will get selected though

ahboy25
Regular
Regular

Post by ahboy25 » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 10:36 am

jtzw1988 wrote:
Toofle wrote:

hi Toofle,

ahboy25 wrote:
Toofle wrote:

I am suspecting its either I am being pushed back to march intake or its rejected and they have not updated the status yet. I definitely din do well for the pin ball part.i am still pinning to the hope that I will get selected though

Well there's approximately 35 people that's going to be selected so... don't give up hope yet!

jtzw1988

Post by jtzw1988 » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 10:39 am

ahboy25 wrote:
jtzw1988 wrote:
Toofle wrote:

hi Toofle,

ahboy25 wrote:

Well there's approximately 35 people that's going to be selected so... don't give up hope yet!

able to share your timeline from when u apply till the end process of signing the papers? actually its my second time applying and taking the test. the other time the rejection email comes 2 week after the test

ahboy25
Regular
Regular

Post by ahboy25 » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 12:31 pm

jtzw1988 wrote:
ahboy25 wrote:
jtzw1988 wrote:

hi Toofle,

able to share your timeline from when u apply till the end process of signing the papers? actually its my second time applying and taking the test. the other time the rejection email comes 2 week after the test
This was my timeline-
May 2016- applied
1st June- aptitude test
7th July- initial contact informing me the intake was full and to expect interviews in September.
27th September- 1st interview
8th November- Orientation
17th November- Final interview
16th December- Signing of LOA/medical checkup
2nd February- 1st day

You can use this as a gauge. Do take note that not everyone does the above things on the same day. E.g medical could be on different dates, LOA signing could be different as well, subject to you and their availability.

jtzw1988

Post by jtzw1988 » Fri, 02 Jun 2017 12:37 pm

ahboy25 wrote:
jtzw1988 wrote:
ahboy25 wrote:

This was my timeline-
May 2016- applied
1st June- aptitude test
7th July- initial contact informing me the intake was full and to expect interviews in September.
27th September- 1st interview
8th November- Orientation
17th November- Final interview
16th December- Signing of LOA/medical checkup
2nd February- 1st day

You can use this as a gauge. Do take note that not everyone does the above things on the same day. E.g medical could be on different dates, LOA signing could be different as well, subject to you and their availability.

awesome. thanks! based on your timeline. I am still looking ok? hahaha!

just curious. did u actually managed to complete all section of the test? I am not able to for some section of the test.