Singapore Expats

loc pending input from vetting agencies

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Re:LOC Pending

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 19 May 2017 9:16 pm

thitha wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
thitha wrote:Still my LOC applcation is in "pending" status. What could be the concern?
It's probably not you. Scammers have caused the gahmen to be much more careful. Everybody gets more thoroughly checked out. Takes longer with limited manpower.

Eventually, they will tell you if you are in or out.
I applied on April 6 th 2017 still mine is in pending state after 6 weeks what could be the reason? What can be expected. will there be progress in my application?

regards,
Thitha
Who knows? It could just be processing delays because of a shortage of manpower and lots of applications.

Or, they could be looking very closely at the job you will be taking. Maybe they think it is dodgy. Maybe they think it is a ruse, one job description actually used to hide the job you will be doing. Or maybe they are interested in what the salary really will be versus what the company is saying. You can't know... but one reason LOC's have been tightened up is scamming companies.

Or, they may be looking at your qualifications. Maybe they are waiting for the uni's to send copies of your transcripts or diplomas. Maybe they are asking old employers for history. You can't know... but if they have asked, you will wait until everything is received.

thitha

Re: loc pending input from vetting agencies

Post by thitha » Thu, 01 Jun 2017 10:29 am

Hi all,

My LOC is approved finally. Thanks for all who gave suggestions.

Regards,
Thitha

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 01 Jun 2017 12:34 pm

thitha wrote:Hi all,

My LOC is approved finally. Thanks for all who gave suggestions.

Regards,
Thitha

JamesUK

Post by JamesUK » Mon, 14 May 2018 6:45 pm

Hi Guys

Please advise regarding my situation. My LoC application has been ‘pending’ for 6 weeks. There is no other communication from MoM, except that the application is still being ‘reviewed’.

What is it that makes applications take so long? Is there a way to set up an appointment with the case officers? Is there a way to see if they need additional documents to help with their review?

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 14 May 2018 9:20 pm

JamesUK wrote:Hi Guys

Please advise regarding my situation. My LoC application has been ‘pending’ for 6 weeks. There is no other communication from MoM, except that the application is still being ‘reviewed’.

What is it that makes applications take so long? Is there a way to set up an appointment with the case officers? Is there a way to see if they need additional documents to help with their review?
No one here has a pipeline into the inner workings of MoM, and thus, all comments are speculation, based upon perceived evidence. It does appear, from posts on this board, that many LOC's, like EP's, are being held up for further vetting.

My logic as to why this happens is as follows.

a) The LOC was setup with the idea that trailing spouses of white collar workers could become employed in some kind of reasonably professional category, even if it wasn't at the same level as back in the home country.

b) But a lot of LOC applications have been for non-professional jobs, including one that I saw here a few years back for a personal applying to be a house cleaner with a local cleaning firm. These are the kinds of jobs that are "reserved" for locals in the eyes of MoM.

c) Anecdotal: Companies have lied about the kind of job they were offering, knowing that the real job wouldn't get a LOC.

d) Companies have fairly often tried to hire on a LOC at very low salary, and this defeats all the other policies that MoM has put in place to encourage higher salaries and the hiring of locals.

Given these elements, your LOC app is hung up for a variety of reasons.

a) They want to more thoroughly vet you. If they want more docs, they'll ask you.

b) The company that applied for the LOC is on MoM's radar, and MoM is crawling up their arse with a microscope. Could be hiring practices that have nothing to do with you, could be your rate of pay, could be insufficient locals, could be previous violations of hiring policies, could be company assholes that still haven't learned that you can't fight city hall.

c) They may just be slowing everything down in the hopes that you (or if not you, someone else) will just quit and go away so that the number of LOC's issued is lower and it at least looks like they are meeting their "Singapore first" goals.

It's all speculation. The only thing that isn't speculation is that LOC's have become substantially harder to come by.

JamesUK

Post by JamesUK » Mon, 14 May 2018 9:33 pm

Thanks Strong Eagle

You've made some really clear points. I guess the only thing i can do now is to wait it out. I will make sure to give an update once my application progresses. Thanks.

JamesUK

Post by JamesUK » Thu, 17 May 2018 5:11 pm

Hi All

I have received my LoC today.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 17 May 2018 8:40 pm

JamesUK wrote:Hi All

I have received my LoC today.
Congrats, mate.