Singapore Expats

Filipino pr applying for US Visa in singapore with ltvp children, how to answer?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
melodia1127

Filipino pr applying for US Visa in singapore with ltvp children, how to answer?

Post by melodia1127 » Tue, 30 May 2017 3:18 pm

I was asked why my children are not studying here in Singapore? Im the only one PR here while my children hold a 1 yr ltvp and husband.. i answered its "expensive here" and they got rejected for pr , our US family visa was rejected! How to answer this correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaraAbdul

Re: Filipino pr applying for US Visa in singapore with ltvp children, how to answer?

Post by SaraAbdul » Tue, 30 May 2017 5:13 pm

melodia1127 wrote:I was asked why my children are not studying here in Singapore? Im the only one PR here while my children hold a 1 yr ltvp and husband.. i answered its "expensive here" and they got rejected for pr , our US family visa was rejected! How to answer this correctly?

i believe they dont treat ltvp as a permanent resident. The best bet is to apply from home country.

melodia1127

Re: Filipino pr applying for US Visa in singapore with ltvp children, how to answer?

Post by melodia1127 » Tue, 30 May 2017 5:14 pm

Thanks for ur reply, i juat curious does it has to do with question also how to properly answer the questions why their not atudying here with us in Singapore?

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Tue, 30 May 2017 5:15 pm

Did all of you apply for US visa's at the same time with you as the sponsor of the rest of your family? Is that the only question the officer asked? Normally , the US embassy will reject visa applications if they feel that the applicant has no intention to return. As a Singapore PR, the chance of visa approval is higher in my experience. Somewhere in the interview, the officer had some suspicions. As for that specific question, I would have answered "My child did not get a place in local school".

melodia1127

Post by melodia1127 » Tue, 30 May 2017 5:18 pm

Yes he asked me that question and if i have a relative in US which i mentioned my cousin.. im the sponsor but he didnt even asked for any income docs aside from birth certificate of my children..thanks for ur reply..

bro75
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bro75 » Tue, 30 May 2017 5:20 pm

How old is your child? and what is the status of your husband in Singapore?

melodia1127

Post by melodia1127 » Tue, 30 May 2017 5:22 pm

Their all holding ltvp, my husbands works here, while only my children studying in Phils.. 14 and 11 yrs old.. im thinking it is because i mentioned that i applied for Pr but rejected so they might thought that i will apply for a job in US? I've got the 214B rejection reason..

bro75
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bro75 » Tue, 30 May 2017 5:29 pm

Were you all rejected for a US visa? You are a PR but are you currently employed? Did any of you have a previous US visa?

melodia1127

Post by melodia1127 » Tue, 30 May 2017 5:40 pm

1st time to apply for US visa but as a family we travel to asian countries with visa approval.. me and my husband are employed but we werent ask where do we work..

melodia1127

Post by melodia1127 » Tue, 30 May 2017 5:40 pm

Were all rejected for US visa..

bro75
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bro75 » Tue, 30 May 2017 5:46 pm

I can only guess why you were rejected. Some of your answers to the questions triggered the suspicion of the US embassy or maybe your income was too low. They may have known your income from the online form you submitted (DS160?) prior to the interview.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 31 May 2017 9:15 am

The US is extremely cautious about people travelling to the US as non immigrants with no intention of exiting and the PI is a high level offender in this regard. This seems to me to be why they want to know your permanent state of affairs and have some assurance you plan to return.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 31 May 2017 10:39 am

PNGMK wrote:The US is extremely cautious about people travelling to the US as non immigrants with no intention of exiting and the PI is a high level offender in this regard. This seems to me to be why they want to know your permanent state of affairs and have some assurance you plan to return.
mmm... getting Visa to US with an Asian Passport, except SG passport, is the equivalent of Lottery, with a higher winning chance :)

US Embassy rejects a large number of visas, for obvious reasons:
1) Holding Asian Passport
2) Holding Asian Passport ;)
3) Holding Asian Passport ;) ;)
4) holding Asian passport and cant 'convince the Embassy staff the applicant is really there only for holiday
5) Financial status, job status, and all in Singapore.

PS, it's not like they reject all applicants, but they do approve a quite a number of applicants anyway.

melodia1127

Post by melodia1127 » Wed, 31 May 2017 10:52 am

Thanks for the reply..

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 31 May 2017 9:43 pm

Unfortunately, the citizens of the USA have elected a President who is anti-immigrant on any kind. They are racist and xenophobic... they don't want to let anyone into the country who isn't white and 'Christian', and I use that term very loosely. Thus, the number of foreigners being allowed into the country, visitors or permanent, has slowed to a trickle because of the actions of these racists.

Most people who are in the United States illegally didn't sneak across the border, they got a legitimate tourist or student visa to legally enter the country, then never left. Therefore, applications for visit visas are being reviewed very carefully. If you own a home or business in your home country, or you are a well recognized professional, you will probably get your visa, as the chances are very good you will go back home.

Your problem is that you are living temporarily in Singapore, your family is not with you, you don't own property. You are viewed as "high risk" because were you to go to the USA and not leave, you wouldn't be leaving much behind in your home country.

I doubt there is anything you can do unless you own a large home or have a successful business in the Philippines that would suggest you would go back.