Singapore Expats

Double Eyelid Experience with Dr Wong

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Daisy_

Double Eyelid Experience with Dr Wong

Post by Daisy_ » Mon, 21 Jul 2014 4:40 pm

Hi girls,

Forums really helped me a lot in my research and care after my double eyelid surgery so now that I've done it, I'd like to give back!

I did my surgery with Dr Wong Saw Yean at Gleneagles. He was a very nice man, but his receptionist was terribly rude. Impatient to answer questions, not willing to clarify, and whenever I wanted to understand more she would snap at me and answer me shortly and rudely. She also didn't tell me enough information for the after care (that's why reading forums helped a lot more). She didn't even tell me what to do after the removal of stitches until I asked her if I was still supposed to put on cold packs, to which she replied shortly "No what, you put warm pack. I already told you" which she NEVER did by the way.

I did the incision method, and trust me its PAINLESS. It was painless during the surgery, and painless post surgery as well. I didn't even know it was done. They'll give you some pills to eat before the surgery and then you'll fall semi consciously asleep. You'll be able to hear what the doctor is saying but nothing more.

I avoided seafood, spicy food, chicken, eggs, dark coloured stuff, herbal stuff, tonics, alcohol, cigarettes about 2 weeks before the operation. Its been almost 3 months (did it 30th of April 2014) since the surgery and as usual, the nurse didn't tell me when I could resume a normal diet. Again, I had to ask. Apparently, you can resume all of that 2 weeks after the surgery, or 1 week after the removal of stitches but I'm still pretty safe when it comes to seafood and tonics. Haven't had much yet. But am drinking and having spicy food already.

Its still slightly swollen, but not obvious to anyone but yourself. My friends and colleagues can't tell that I've had double eyelid surgery but they do tell me that I look better and my eyes look much nicer! My left eye is swelling a bit higher than the right eye still, but its easily corrected by eyeliner. I wouldn't say the swelling has completely gone down, but it's gone down enough for people to not notice I've had surgery or even to see it as swollen. In fact, after the 1st month, the swelling had already disappeared according to my friends but it was still obvious to me (but you know we're always more critical on ourselves).

Let me know if you've any questions! Be glad to answer. Dr Wong is a great guy, very smiley, very genial, he just needs to give his nurse a good talking to :p

urbanmango

Re: Double Eyelid Experience with Dr Wong

Post by urbanmango » Tue, 31 May 2016 2:25 pm

Hi Daisy

Do you have photo of your eyelids? I'm thinking to get it done by Dr Wong as well. Does it look natural now?

chilliiiii

Post by chilliiiii » Wed, 31 Aug 2016 6:37 pm

And how wide is ur crease?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuppacakes

Post by cuppacakes » Mon, 31 Oct 2016 11:59 am

Hi I'm interested to visit Dr Wong for incisional eyelid surgery as well. How much did the consultation and surgery cost? Any hidden cost? I read from other forums about the scarring problem too :(

Hiraeth

Post by Hiraeth » Thu, 15 Dec 2016 10:25 pm

I had my incisional double eyelid surgery done by Dr Wong a few days back. As said by the OP, it was painless. It costs approximately $3.5k in total, including the first consultation fee (as of Dec 2016). Unlike other clinics, there are no additional charges for post-surgery consultations and medication.
You can always call the clinic to enquire about their charges. I believe Dr Wong's charges are one of the most affordable, especially with his wealth of experience. But you have to tell him what you want.
Hope this helps anyone out there researching on double eyelid surgery in SG! :)

Freya24

Post by Freya24 » Wed, 31 May 2017 8:33 pm

How many weeks are the downtime?
Was already a working adult, have to face the world every day.