Singapore Expats

Pair of Talking African Grey Parrots

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
hicorytown

Pair of Talking African Grey Parrots

Post by hicorytown » Mon, 29 May 2017 2:26 pm

Looks like the OP is a one post wonder... has not yet specified whether he is selling or giving away.

Contact info removed.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Pair of Talking African Grey Parrots

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 29 May 2017 7:23 pm

I've taken over two pets abandoned by expats when they leave. It's so frustrating. I'm basically waiting for them to die (the pets). How long do African Grey's live? 50 years? I don't think so and I wish expats would think about this before they buy pets.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 30 May 2017 8:48 am

If you are giving these parrots away, this post will stay. If you are trying to sell them, then you are violating advertising standards. You have 24 hours to respond or this post is gone.

PS: I very much sympathize with the comments of PNGMK

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Tue, 30 May 2017 8:56 am

Just release them. There's a quite a few populations of parrots and cockatoos around the east coast, so these two should be able to sustain themselves, especially since parrots are smart little critters.

Birds. Should. Not. Be. Caged. The End.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 30 May 2017 10:31 am

Max Headroom wrote:Just release them. There's a quite a few populations of parrots and cockatoos around the east coast, so these two should be able to sustain themselves, especially since parrots are smart little critters.

Birds. Should. Not. Be. Caged. The End.
And releasing caged bird ?? Really ?

You better wring their neck than throw them in the wild, where they have no experience self sustaining. UNless you have proof that pets can survive in the wild, fight off competition and thrive.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 30 May 2017 11:00 am

PNGMK wrote:I've taken over two pets abandoned by expats when they leave. It's so frustrating. I'm basically waiting for them to die (the pets). How long do African Grey's live? 50 years? I don't think so and I wish expats would think about this before they buy pets.
I agree with your comments!! trouble is those parrots are going to outlive you PNG.. :lol:
btw if you are an expat and want a pet, consider fostering sick/injured kittens or puppies and if you decide to keep them adopt them and give them a life.. ](*,)
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 30 May 2017 12:35 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
PNGMK wrote:I've taken over two pets abandoned by expats when they leave. It's so frustrating. I'm basically waiting for them to die (the pets). How long do African Grey's live? 50 years? I don't think so and I wish expats would think about this before they buy pets.
I agree with your comments!! trouble is those parrots are going to outlive you PNG.. :lol:
Unless his cat is going to have some extended dietary plans.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 30 May 2017 1:26 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
btw if you are an expat and want a pet, consider fostering sick/injured kittens or puppies and if you decide to keep them adopt them and give them a life.. ](*,)
That's basically what my sister has done since she retired. She started a not for profit rescue organization for little dogs (just came back from 3 weeks there on R&R!)

https://www.facebook.com/Canine-Comfort ... 580737519/
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Tue, 30 May 2017 2:07 pm

Well, I didn't say "throw them in the wild", I said "release them".

In my opinion, unless their wings have been clipped, these birds are going to have a way better time free than caged up. Parrots are some of the most intelligent avians and my bet is that they'll adapt quickly enough.