Singapore Expats

Spouse of SC, both overseas, apply PR/LTVP?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
klrishi2

Spouse of SC, both overseas, apply PR/LTVP?

Post by klrishi2 » Mon, 29 May 2017 3:54 pm

Hi guys,

I am an Indian male happily married to a Singapore Citizen.

Quick points about us:
1. Married for over 2 years now, marriage cert from SG.
2. Both of us residing in Dubai, UAE past 5 years.
3. Each of us earning 3k SGD/month (basic sal) in Dubai with stable careers in hotel industry. Have additional income (3k SGD/month) from my real estate investments in India. Wife(SC) hasn't contributed CPF & taxes last 5 years while in Dubai.
4. Made enough savings to afford a good HDB flat in Singapore. Also planning to buy private condo in Singapore.
5. We both have potential job offers from Singapore with a pay of atleast 4k SGD/month.
6. Planning to have a (SC)child next year 2018.

Questions:
1. Is my SPR status a must for us to buy an HDB/any flat in Singapore? Is it wise to ignore LTVP and apply SPR direct? We can't wait long to buy our flat in Singapore.
2. We will submit PR application at the SIngapore embassy in Dubai, do overseas applications get any preferences?
3. Any strong points that I can highlight in my application based on the above information?

I truly believe this forum will provide the answers from the best expertise. Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Rishi

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Spouse of SC, both overseas, apply PR/LTVP?

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 29 May 2017 4:45 pm

klrishi2 wrote:Hi guys,

I am an Indian male happily married to a Singapore Citizen.

Quick points about us:
1. Married for over 2 years now, marriage cert from SG.
2. Both of us residing in Dubai, UAE past 5 years.
3. Each of us earning 3k SGD/month (basic sal) in Dubai with stable careers in hotel industry. Have additional income (3k SGD/month) from my real estate investments in India. Wife(SC) hasn't contributed CPF & taxes last 5 years while in Dubai.
4. Made enough savings to afford a good HDB flat in Singapore. Also planning to buy private condo in Singapore.
5. We both have potential job offers from Singapore with a pay of atleast 4k SGD/month.
6. Planning to have a (SC)child next year 2018.

Questions:
1. Is my SPR status a must for us to buy an HDB/any flat in Singapore? Is it wise to ignore LTVP and apply SPR direct? We can't wait long to buy our flat in Singapore.
2. We will submit PR application at the SIngapore embassy in Dubai, do overseas applications get any preferences?
3. Any strong points that I can highlight in my application based on the above information?

I truly believe this forum will provide the answers from the best expertise. Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Rishi

2. No special preference for overseas applications. Since, it is PR and they want it to be Permanent, may be being overseas for a long period of time, can be considered as a negative

3. No one on this forum can suggest strong points for your application

Getting a baby and then applying may increase your chance for PR as it makes the family complete.

jshah

Re: Spouse of SC, both overseas, apply PR/LTVP?

Post by jshah » Sun, 09 Sep 2018 9:41 pm

Rishi - did you apply for the PR or not? Status?