Singapore Expats

ALMOST Denied Entry to Singapore by the ICA

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: ALMOST Denied Entry to Singapore

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 02 Feb 2016 1:52 pm

Holicamika wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:You might get flagged and you might get questioned in the future but I don't think you will have any real problems (hopefully anyway).
If the thumb print scanning mean I was flagged, will it be a problem with the immigration at other countries ? What does it mean to be flagged anyways? Does it mean every time an immigration scan my passport they will see this "flag"? :o
Thumb print screening is so that you can't just get a new passport and a clean record. If you raise suspicions again you'll come up.

As others said, always keep proof of hotel and return ticket with you when entering. Don't write down a hotel you didn't book yet, as technically you've now lied on your immigration forms. Even if you could prove everything else, that alone could have gotten you rejected from entering.

Leen12

Post by Leen12 » Sun, 28 May 2017 12:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Only in Singapore. And the flag may be just to make the officer to take a second look or put you through the ringer again. They don't approve of you "living" in Singapore, but they also don't mind you spending your money here. That's the problem. Your age & gender and nationality are all key indicators of a lot of young girls who come here for other reasons. As you yourself mentioned, while you have a student card, you are also taking a break after blowing your thesis. So, in theory, you could be coming here on 'working' holidays, if you know what I mean. I'm not implying anything, but it is just one way the ICA may very well look at it.

The thing that is in your favour is the fact that you don't max out your visa every trip. If you were here for nefarious reasons, you would stay here as long as you can to max your earning potential.
sounds like the profile of a working girl alright

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 29 May 2017 12:58 am

Leen12 wrote: sounds like the profile of a working girl alright
??????

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 30 May 2017 9:59 am

Leen12 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:....
sounds like the profile of a working girl alright
You have first hand experience izzit? :-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers