Singapore Expats

URGENT! What should I do now if a company report me on MOM?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Tvxq

URGENT! What should I do now if a company report me on MOM?

Post by Tvxq » Fri, 26 May 2017 11:08 am

Hello, I am a newbie here. I would like to seek for help. I am a fresher and seeking my first job in Singapore. I am getting an offer from company A, and they had applied a S pass for me. In the meanwhile, I getting a better offer from company B, with high paid, so I would like to take the offer from company B.
Please noticed that I am not yet sign any offer letter from Company A. Maybe there had some misunderstanding between me and Company A since my English not that fluent. I had no confirm the offer given either in verbally and written for. I had told the Company A that I would like to withdraw my application and asking them please cancel my EP online application. Company A so angry about this, and said already write a report to MOM about my case and waiting instruction from MOM. Therefore, company A is holding my EP online application.
1. What should I do now? May I know will I be blacklist for Singapore?
2. Am I required go to MOM to explain my case? If yes, will it take how long since I no place stay in Singapore.
3. If I cancel my work permit before, will it bring any disadvantages if I apply another new job in Singapore?
4. Since I had this issue, will I been prohibited to enter Singapore? Since if I need to go MOM to settle.

Please help me about this case. I am so worry on it now.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: URGENT! What should I do now if a company report me on MOM?

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 26 May 2017 8:23 pm

Tvxq wrote:Hello, I am a newbie here. I would like to seek for help. I am a fresher and seeking my first job in Singapore. I am getting an offer from company A, and they had applied a S pass for me. In the meanwhile, I getting a better offer from company B, with high paid, so I would like to take the offer from company B.
Please noticed that I am not yet sign any offer letter from Company A. Maybe there had some misunderstanding between me and Company A since my English not that fluent. I had no confirm the offer given either in verbally and written for. I had told the Company A that I would like to withdraw my application and asking them please cancel my EP online application. Company A so angry about this, and said already write a report to MOM about my case and waiting instruction from MOM. Therefore, company A is holding my EP online application.
1. What should I do now? May I know will I be blacklist for Singapore?
2. Am I required go to MOM to explain my case? If yes, will it take how long since I no place stay in Singapore.
3. If I cancel my work permit before, will it bring any disadvantages if I apply another new job in Singapore?
4. Since I had this issue, will I been prohibited to enter Singapore? Since if I need to go MOM to settle.

Please help me about this case. I am so worry on it now.
You can go to MOM and explain the situation.

Sometimes they can advise how to effect a cancellation in this kind of situation.

What will the employer report you for?

They are just bluffing you.

PS, wait you got ambitious ah ?

If you didn't agree to join company A how and why did they apply for your pass ?

Tvxq

Post by Tvxq » Fri, 26 May 2017 9:02 pm

Thank you for your reply. I had called up to MOM, they suggest that i only can write an email to them regarding my case. MOM officer are not able to solve my problem even I show up at MOM.

1. May I know do I need to show up at MOM to explain my case since I am worry I will be blacklist?
2. The Company A told me that they had sent report to MOM and waiting the reply from MOM. I also got told them I will send an email to MOM on my behalf but they ask me to go ahead. It indicated that they are already sent a report to MOM.

I am freaking out now. Please advise what action I can do now. Thank you.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 29 May 2017 12:57 am

Tvxq wrote:Thank you for your reply. I had called up to MOM, they suggest that i only can write an email to them regarding my case. MOM officer are not able to solve my problem even I show up at MOM.

1. May I know do I need to show up at MOM to explain my case since I am worry I will be blacklist?
2. The Company A told me that they had sent report to MOM and waiting the reply from MOM. I also got told them I will send an email to MOM on my behalf but they ask me to go ahead. It indicated that they are already sent a report to MOM.

company A is bullshitting unless you committed a criminal offence like robbery.

If they did accuse you of a crime you didn't do, PM, I know volunteers to fight for you

Stop calling the company A. Email them, document everything. Keep a copy safe, in case you are in their accommodation.

physice

Post by physice » Sat, 15 Jul 2017 12:27 am

ecureilx wrote:
Tvxq wrote:Thank you for your reply. I had called up to MOM, they suggest that i only can write an email to them regarding my case. MOM officer are not able to solve my problem even I show up at MOM.

company A is bullshitting unless you committed a criminal offence like robbery.

If they did accuse you of a crime you didn't do, PM, I know volunteers to fight for you

Stop calling the company A. Email them, document everything. Keep a copy safe, in case you are in their accommodation.
Agree, it sounds bullshit. Pretty sure lot of cases 'someone cancel the IPA from Company A, and apply new spass/EP application from Company B'. Just prepare all the written documents (email, whats app, line, or whatever written media that you used with company A) to justify yourself should this is questioned in future.

Make sure you aren't being "asshole" to company A. e.g. Promises them over your skills that they're desperately needed & suddenly cancel the job offer just because you're playing tug-a-war with other company. In normal case, it should not enough for them to drag you to MOM court, or any legal cases.

On positive light, you dodged pitfall here! Looks like very toxic culture/boss/people the company A got.