Singapore Expats Forum

Looking to buy Customized PC

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
User avatar
subashgk007
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon, 11 Jul 2016
Contact:

Looking to buy Customized PC

Postby subashgk007 » Tue, 23 May 2017 9:59 am

Where Can I purchase individual PC parts at a cheaper rate in Singapore ? I would love to purchase offline and assemble it myself. Is there any shops i can get all parts ?

On the other hand http://www.lazada.sg/gaming-pc/ offers readily available customized solutions for gaming PC, but the prices are really high :(

Do we have any online tools like https://pcpickerpro.com to compare price of individual pc parts ?

bgd
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007

Re: Looking to buy Customized PC

Postby bgd » Tue, 23 May 2017 10:44 am

Sim Lim but you need to know what you are after. Alternatively new newegg sell to Singapore.

User avatar
subashgk007
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon, 11 Jul 2016
Contact:

Looking to buy Customized PC

Postby subashgk007 » Tue, 23 May 2017 10:17 pm

Thank you bgd for suggesting https://www.lawguage.com Sim lim, it worked out. Just had these on-boardedImage


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by subashgk007 on Tue, 23 May 2017 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11108
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Looking to buy Customized PC

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 23 May 2017 10:48 pm

I've been buying 500 gig solid state drives in the USA for $155 (S$215 at today's exchange rates).

Curious to know what you have to pay in Singapore for same thing.

Thanks.

User avatar
subashgk007
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon, 11 Jul 2016
Contact:

Looking to buy Customized PC

Postby subashgk007 » Tue, 23 May 2017 11:26 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:I've been buying 500 gig solid state drives in the USA for $155 (S$215 at today's exchange rates).

Curious to know what you have to pay in Singapore for same thing.

Thanks.


They've offered 500 gig for 225 sgd at last.

Instead i had to go for 120 gig ssd for 70sgd + 1 tb toshiba 7.2 k rpm (SATA) for 65sgd due to budget constraint.

I could install just the os and apps on ssd, which would take care of the major part.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11108
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Looking to buy Customized PC

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 24 May 2017 3:58 am

Thanks. Those prices are better than I thought they would be.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Looking to buy Customized PC

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 24 May 2017 9:32 am

subashgk007 wrote:Where Can I purchase individual PC parts at a cheaper rate in Singapore ? I would love to purchase offline and assemble it myself. Is there any shops i can get all parts ?

On the other hand http://www.lazada.sg/gaming-pc/ offers readily available customized solutions for gaming PC, but the prices are really high :(

Do we have any online tools like https://pcpickerpro.com to compare price of individual pc parts ?


PM Me, if you are keen to have some sources with competitive pricing.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9318
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Looking to buy Customized PC

Postby x9200 » Wed, 24 May 2017 11:02 am

Strong Eagle wrote:I've been buying 500 gig solid state drives in the USA for $155 (S$215 at today's exchange rates).

Curious to know what you have to pay in Singapore for same thing.

Thanks.

Last time I checked (a few months ago) it was generally still better to buy ssds from Amazon, but the gap was closing. Now is pretty much the same, e.g.:
http://www.lazada.sg/wd-blue-500gb-inte ... 72551.html

..and if you minus all the discounts / cc offers you may easily land it even cheaper (sub-S$200 range)

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Looking to buy Customized PC

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 24 May 2017 4:26 pm

x9200 wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:I've been buying 500 gig solid state drives in the USA for $155 (S$215 at today's exchange rates).

Curious to know what you have to pay in Singapore for same thing.

Thanks.

Last time I checked (a few months ago) it was generally still better to buy ssds from Amazon, but the gap was closing. Now is pretty much the same, e.g.:
http://www.lazada.sg/wd-blue-500gb-inte ... 72551.html

..and if you minus all the discounts / cc offers you may easily land it even cheaper (sub-S$200 range)


Lazada offers 7 day exchange ... not sure how it works ..

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9318
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Looking to buy Customized PC

Postby x9200 » Wed, 24 May 2017 7:18 pm

ecureilx wrote:
x9200 wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:I've been buying 500 gig solid state drives in the USA for $155 (S$215 at today's exchange rates).

Curious to know what you have to pay in Singapore for same thing.

Thanks.

Last time I checked (a few months ago) it was generally still better to buy ssds from Amazon, but the gap was closing. Now is pretty much the same, e.g.:
http://www.lazada.sg/wd-blue-500gb-inte ... 72551.html

..and if you minus all the discounts / cc offers you may easily land it even cheaper (sub-S$200 range)


Lazada offers 7 day exchange ... not sure how it works ..

Actually this is for local suppliers only but it is 7 days return (for any reason, change of mind included) providing all is intact and in the original package. On top of this, you can pay them with Paypal in case you expect to disagree.
You can drop the goods in one of those box-type services (POP station IIRC) or they will arrange to pick up the stuff from you (free of charge).

Lazada as for the services is good as long as you don't need to solve any non-standard issues. If there are such problems, their are as bad as a typical local service provider.

I buy from them a lot, supplementary to Ebay - Lazada delivers faster, even from overseas, and sometimes is cheaper than Ebay and Aliexpress.

GarhurdJung
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 25 May 2017

Re: Looking to buy Customized PC

Postby GarhurdJung » Thu, 25 May 2017 12:05 pm

subashgk007 wrote:Thank you bgd for suggesting Sim lim, it worked out. Just had these on-boardedImage


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Subashgk, You bought all branded products, love it. :D

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9318
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Looking to buy Customized PC

Postby x9200 » Thu, 25 May 2017 1:02 pm

GarhurdJung wrote:Hello Subashgk, You bought all branded products, love it. :D

Have you seen many unbranded standard PC cpus, ODs, mobos or even keyboards?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Looking to buy Customized PC

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 25 May 2017 1:28 pm

x9200 wrote:
GarhurdJung wrote:Hello Subashgk, You bought all branded products, love it. :D

Have you seen many unbranded standard PC cpus, ODs, mobos or even keyboards?


:twisted:

Waiting to see 'unbranded' CPU, Mobos and more .. :D

Though Palit is not my first choice for GPU.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9318
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Looking to buy Customized PC

Postby x9200 » Thu, 25 May 2017 2:08 pm

Mine neither. Have some bad experience but it is like 7yo so perhaps they got better.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Looking to buy Customized PC

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 25 May 2017 3:49 pm

x9200 wrote:Mine neither. Have some bad experience but it is like 7yo so perhaps they got better.


Palit is getting renewed interests, though they can't fight with Fancy Zotac, Asus, MSI and Gigabyte, especially the newer 1080ti Series.

With AURA ...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests