Singapore Expats

Kid's Laptop being locked

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
golfvswag

Kid's Laptop being locked

Post by golfvswag » Mon, 22 May 2017 11:18 am

It is a HP laptop recently upgraded to windows 10. My son changed his password as MS asked and he couldn't remember it. What is the right way to unlock it without deleting any data? He has a lot of staff on that computer. thanks

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Kid's Laptop being locked

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 22 May 2017 11:47 am

golfvswag wrote:It is a HP laptop recently upgraded to windows 10. My son changed his password as MS asked and he couldn't remember it. What is the right way to unlock it without deleting any data? He has a lot of staff on that computer. thanks
Option 1: Hack using tools to break in (not recommended .. as most of these 'tools' have virusses and worms .. ')

Option 2: Check if this was done:
https://www.ghacks.net/2014/11/12/how-t ... r-account/

Option 3: When starting, press F8, go to safe mode and see if you can login via safe mode

Option 4: PRAY

Option 5: Remove the HDD, use an enclosure and see if the data can be recovered

Option 6: Did you try beating the truth out of your son ? What his default password :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 22 May 2017 12:42 pm

Let's not get too excited but simply wait for a magical software, link or other solution coming soon from a freshly registered user or even the OP himself.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 May 2017 9:33 am

Especially considering he's posting from Canyon County, CA, USA. [-X

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers