Singapore Expats

Request help for work permit opportunities in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
asheytix

Request help for work permit opportunities in Singapore

Post by asheytix » Sat, 13 May 2017 5:10 pm

Hi,

My brother-in-law from vietnamese is keen to work in singapore as a work permit holder, 26 year old this year. My wife is soon to be PR, vietnamese in nationality.

Does anyone have contacts or any information on which he industry or employer he can go to for application of work permit?

He is very keen to any industries because he wants to grab the opportunity and exposure to work in Singapore.

Any advice or help is appreciated ? Many thanks.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Request help for work permit opportunities in Singapore

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 13 May 2017 9:27 pm

He needs to get a job offer FIRST. Then, if he is being paid enough, his experience is good enough, and his educational credentials are good enough, then _maybe_ he will be granted a work permit.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 14 May 2017 10:11 pm

asheytix wrote:Hi,

My brother-in-law from vietnamese is keen to work in singapore as a work permit holder, 26 year old this year. My wife is soon to be PR, vietnamese in nationality.

Does anyone have contacts or any information on which he industry or employer he can go to for application of work permit?
country called Vietnamese ? ;)

you know the job he applies has to match his training and experience, for MOM to grant a pass ?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 14 May 2017 10:21 pm

Work Permit is for low/semi-skilled workers, so I assume OP had it right. Unfortunately I have no idea how to find a job hiring under WP - perhaps SMS could provide some ideas.

What I think the OP should check is country related eligibility - not all the passports can get the permit in the specific industries.
http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit ... ign-worker

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 15 May 2017 12:44 am

x9200 wrote:Work Permit is for low/semi-skilled workers, so I assume OP had it right.
You may be right. I interpreted the request as a generic sort of thing... a permit to work in Singapore at some level.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 May 2017 1:16 am

x9200 wrote:Work Permit is for low/semi-skilled workers, so I assume OP had it right. Unfortunately I have no idea how to find a job hiring under WP - perhaps SMS could provide some ideas.

What I think the OP should check is country related eligibility - not all the passports can get the permit in the specific industries.
http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit ... ign-worker
Vietnamese are not allowed WP in any sector of Industry in Singapore.

They are, however, allowed in any industry sector as long as they can apply for a minimum of an S Pass or higher and meet the required academic and experience and minimum income levels required.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 15 May 2017 2:07 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Vietnamese are not allowed WP in any sector of Industry in Singapore.
That's curious... any idea what's behind the ban for WP's?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 May 2017 5:15 am

Not real sure, but I think is a holdover from the 60~70s period as they are still not considered as "traditional source" labour. Don't forget, all the others are from countries who are "not Communist" and after the PAP used the Communist Party to win the elections back in '65 and subsequently threw all the Party Cadre into ISD, they have not much love for the communists (Malaysian riots, Bus riots, etc.) So I have a feeling it's still a holdover from that era, but I cannot confirm nor deny the reason.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Chir

Post by Chir » Fri, 04 Jan 2019 3:30 pm

Good day,

I just finished my diploma in IT here in singapore last month and I applied for Job and I got accepted and my salary is 2400 pero month, they told me I am not eligible for spass or ep so they are trying to get me a work permit. I am so worried. How many chances that my work permit will be approved?

Thank you.

Chir

Post by Chir » Fri, 04 Jan 2019 3:45 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:He needs to get a job offer FIRST. Then, if he is being paid enough, his experience is good enough, and his educational credentials are good enough, then _maybe_ he will be granted a work permit.

Good day,

I just finished my diploma in IT here in singapore last month and I applied for Job and I got accepted and my salary is 2400 pero month, they told me I am not eligible for spass or ep so they are trying to get me a work permit. I am so worried. How many chances that my work permit will be approved?

Thank you.

chirrrrr

Post by chirrrrr » Wed, 09 Jan 2019 3:36 am

Chir wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:He needs to get a job offer FIRST. Then, if he is being paid enough, his experience is good enough, and his educational credentials are good enough, then _maybe_ he will be granted a work permit.

Good day,

Thank you.

Hello there,

I was offered a Job already and my salary is 2400 per month. My grades are good enough. I have straight A’s on my 8 modules. But I do not have experience since I am a fresh grad. Maybe that is one of the reason why I am not eligible for Spass. So what I would like to know. Do you think I can get a work permit? Since its lower that spass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Jan 2019 10:51 pm

chirrrrr, where are you from?

Chir

Post by Chir » Sat, 12 Jan 2019 8:51 pm

I am from the philippines

ashtonmullens

Post by ashtonmullens » Mon, 22 Jul 2019 4:23 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
x9200 wrote:Work Permit is for low/semi-skilled workers, so I assume OP had it right. Unfortunately I have no idea how to find a job hiring under WP - perhaps SMS could provide some ideas.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-dissertation proposal-permit...ign-worker
Vietnamese are not allowed WP in any sector of Industry in Singapore.

They are, however, allowed in any industry sector as long as they can apply for a minimum of an S Pass or higher and meet the required academic and experience and minimum income levels required.
Hello,

What is the minimum income level required for that? And does it concern the family in general or only the applicant?
Bastyr University

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Jul 2019 6:36 pm