Singapore Expats

Ep renewal issue

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
swordfish123

Ep renewal issue

Post by swordfish123 » Mon, 08 May 2017 12:57 pm

My ep will expire in August. I asked my HR to renew it last week. They were quite happy to retain me and apply for renewal.

Now the HR is telling me that the online tool is not allowing them to renew as it is showing I am not eligible.

My wife is on dp and I clear the requirements for 5k monthly income.

Is it true that the tool itself will reject my renewal. Or is the HR playing some tricks.

I have a pr appointment in July. HR suggested that they will try again after I submit the pr documents and if ep is not getting renewed they will apply for sp.

Has anyone else faced similar situation. I have around 8 years exp and I just about clear the 5k salary criteria. I am at the lower end of the salary scale. Could this be a issue.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Ep renewal issue

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 08 May 2017 2:41 pm

swordfish123 wrote:My ep will expire in August. I asked my HR to renew it last week. They were quite happy to retain me and apply for renewal.

Now the HR is telling me that the online tool is not allowing them to renew as it is showing I am not eligible.

Is it true that the tool itself will reject my renewal. Or is the HR playing some tricks.

I have a pr appointment in July. HR suggested that they will try again after I submit the pr documents and if ep is not getting renewed they will apply for sp.

Has anyone else faced similar situation. I have around 8 years exp and I just about clear the 5k salary criteria. I am at the lower end of the salary scale. Could this be a issue.

Go to the below tool and see if you are eligible

https://services.mom.gov.sg/sat/

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 08 May 2017 2:54 pm

swordfish123 wrote:My ep will expire in August. I asked my HR to renew it last week. They were quite happy to retain me and apply for renewal.

Unless the rules changed, if you had a DP, MOM will let you keep the DP, unless you changed job !

Maybe HR is playing tricks :(

As for expiring in August, isn't it a bit early ? Maybe June should be enough, I think so !

And PR appointment has NO Bearing on your EP renewal, or not.

How big is your company, by the way ?

swordfish123

Post by swordfish123 » Mon, 08 May 2017 10:44 pm

I checked the self assessment tool and it does recommend spass for my current salary. If I increase my salary in the tool it recommends an ep.

Will have to convince to increase my salary. In any case if i still get a spass in my present company, will it affect my chances to get an ep later with a new company with hike in salary.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 08 May 2017 11:21 pm

swordfish123 wrote:In any case if i still get a spass in my present company, will it affect my chances to get an ep later with a new company with hike in salary.
not likely ....

Take note, you may not get your DP if you don't exceed the limit .. when you change job.

subashgk007
Regular
Regular

Post by subashgk007 » Wed, 10 May 2017 4:02 pm

Two pints here,

1) Yes, its bit early to go for renewal at this moment. 3 months is the suggested time frame.
2) From 1 January 2017, new EP applicants will have to earn a fixed monthly salary of $3,600. Not sure if there is any changes in the eligibility for DP has been changed. It was 5k earlier, check with employer/MOM to get it clarified

phamtieugiao

Post by phamtieugiao » Sun, 14 May 2017 12:34 am

swordfish123 wrote: I have around 8 years exp and I just about clear the 5k salary criteria.
AFAIK, to get an EP, you need to earn $4.3k if u have 5 years of exp, $5k if u have 10. The HR probably did not play trick on you. You should request a pay increment. To me, less than 5k with that 8 years of exp as a professional is a bit to low.