Singapore Expats

Air traffic controller

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jtzw1988

Re: Air traffic controller

Post by jtzw1988 » Fri, 04 Nov 2016 4:38 pm

I heard below 30? Not sure if this is true

Enazk15

Post by Enazk15 » Fri, 07 Apr 2017 8:17 pm

anyone still active in here? =)

jb55

Post by jb55 » Sat, 08 Apr 2017 11:56 am

Anyone?

jtzw1988

Post by jtzw1988 » Sat, 08 Apr 2017 12:08 pm

Just a hand full? Who has recently applied for this? Seems like once they reject you they will not call you down subsequently when you apply

jtzw1988

Post by jtzw1988 » Sun, 07 May 2017 11:23 am

I was asked to go for apt test. This is my second time going for the test!

helloanddie

Post by helloanddie » Tue, 09 May 2017 6:54 pm

Hi may I know when did you apply for the job application ?

ahboy25
Regular
Regular

Post by ahboy25 » Thu, 11 May 2017 9:15 pm

good luck to you guys at getting through the interview! Was in your shoes once. Hopefully we'll get to see you guys during training at SAA :)

Toofle

Post by Toofle » Fri, 12 May 2017 8:56 am

ahboy25 wrote:good luck to you guys at getting through the interview! Was in your shoes once. Hopefully we'll get to see you guys during training at SAA :)
Thanks for the encouragement! Do you roughly know when the training at SAA starts for this batch? September?

ahboy25
Regular
Regular

Post by ahboy25 » Fri, 12 May 2017 1:43 pm

Nah not so late, probably about July? I think?

jtzw1988

Post by jtzw1988 » Fri, 12 May 2017 1:54 pm

I Guess if no reply by June that means rejected. The test is not easy man

Toofle

Post by Toofle » Fri, 12 May 2017 2:01 pm

ahboy25 wrote:Nah not so late, probably about July? I think?
Ahh I see. Thanks! That will help us gauge the time frame of the interview process. Waiting to get called up for the next round(s) is pretty much a torture, haha.

Well from the HR's point of view, they can only inform us when they have managed to book a day that all the 3 members (directors) of the panel are free, so it will take a while. But for us who are waiting to know if we get through to the next round.... it's killing us... 8-[

Akyx

Post by Akyx » Fri, 12 May 2017 3:23 pm

Hey,

I submitted my application on the 28th of April, about 2 days before the closing of the application deadline. I'm an NTU undergraduate, already done with my final exams and just about ready to be employed and start working. My application status on 'Careers gov sg' merely says that it is 'submitted' but I have not received any calls for an interview or test thus far.

Should I be concerned that I have already been rejected? I was under the impression that rejection will only come after a preliminary interview and/or testing, not right off the bat. Really looking forward to at least giving ATC a shot :<

thanks

Toofle

Post by Toofle » Fri, 12 May 2017 4:39 pm

Akyx wrote:Hey,

I submitted my application on the 28th of April, about 2 days before the closing of the application deadline. I'm an NTU undergraduate, already done with my final exams and just about ready to be employed and start working. My application status on 'Careers gov sg' merely says that it is 'submitted' but I have not received any calls for an interview or test thus far.

Should I be concerned that I have already been rejected? I was under the impression that rejection will only come after a preliminary interview and/or testing, not right off the bat. Really looking forward to at least giving ATC a shot :<

thanks
Hey don't worry, I don't think you have been rejected. The usual response time to be called up for the aptitude test is about 1 month. At least that is what I have experienced personally, and read about in this thread. I suppose it depends on the number of applicants (the test room only has 6 or 7 computers), and how urgent they are to fill the quota for this batch, based on the acceptance/rejection of other applicants further down the interview process.

ahboy25
Regular
Regular

Post by ahboy25 » Fri, 12 May 2017 6:16 pm

Let me put it this way, there's never a shortage of applicants. The process usually starts 3 months (on average, +/- a couple of months) before you are actually confirmed. I have friends who's entire process was actually quite fast, whereas some was longer than normal. Also, you have to consider that there are people who have applied maybe months before graduation and can only start after graduating (which might coincide with your intake)

Average size per intake is about 20+ to 30+, thought the last intake nearly hit 40.

ahboy25
Regular
Regular

Post by ahboy25 » Fri, 12 May 2017 6:21 pm

Akyx wrote:Hey,

thanks
It's not a no, if that's the answer you're looking for. The first response you should be getting is to do the aptitude test. There could also be a possibility that you might be pushed to the next intake since there's only 2 per year.