Singapore Expats

Urgent help pls! Extension of STVP (e-XTEND)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sanju1983

Urgent help pls! Extension of STVP (e-XTEND)

Post by sanju1983 » Wed, 10 May 2017 4:25 am

Hi there friends, it's a fairly long post. Appreciate if you can spare some time and advise accordingly.

I'm in Singapore on EP and my wife delivered a baby at KKH recently. Currently, my mother-in-law(MIL) is visiting us on mulitple journey visa to help with the newborn. She's on an STVP of 30 days, expiring on May 12th. I applied for a 30-days extension today(May 9th) using EXTEND Online system, hoping to get her 30 more days. I'm expecting to get the result on May 11, tomorrow being a public holiday.

My dilemma starts with someone telling me about lots of rejections happening to STVP extension applications. It's fairly important that my MIL stays with us for some more time(at least 30 more days) as wife is caught up in few post-natal issues, such as frequent chills, fever, blocked milk ducts, mastitis, abscess etc. and is in much pain & unable to take care of the newborn adequately. She's on antibiotics and has to visit KKH and lactation consultants regularly. I'm around to help but cannot be at home during 9-6 work hours. My MIL is taking good care of the kid meanwhile.

I'm looking at all the legal options available to me, in case result is not in our favor, to make sure both I & my MIL don't end up ticking wrong boxes for ICA.

IF MIL's STVP EXTENSION IS APPROVED
All good for another 30 days, meanwhile sincerely hope wife recovers on a course of antibiotics and after that both of us can raise the kid well.

IF MIL's STVP EXTENSION IS REJECTED
1. Can I submit an appeal to ICA in person, citing medical condition of my wife. After EXTEND application, I have managed to get an endorsement letter from KKH senior consultant treating my wife to support the case. Unfortunately couldn't attach the letter to online application, but if given chance, can present it for a F2F interview with ICA.

2. If an appeal won't work post rejection, have following questions.
2A. can I take my MIL to Indonesia(Batam) any day on/before 12th and bring her back to Singapore same day?
2B. Will she be given another 30 days of STVP by checkpoint officer, even if her STVP extension is rejected before that(assuming we've have result by 11th)? Please keep in mind she's on multiple journey visa expiring end of July, so assume she can re-enter Singapore on same visa.
2C. Is there a minimum no. of days she must stay out of Singapore before trying to enter again?
2D. Can I try presenting the medical records of my wife to ICA personnel at Harbourfront terminal while re-entering?
2E. Do they entertain any discussion there at checkpoint or are all matters eventually settled in 10 Kallang Road ICA near Lavender MRT?

This information is not mentioned anywhere clearly, so asking all these questions. Any suggestions or feedback on this matter is heartily welcome. Thank you very much. Hopefully there would be a logical and legal way to approach this, if need be.
Everything will be OKAY in the END! If it's not OKAY, it's not the END! :cool:

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Urgent help pls! Extension of STVP (e-XTEND)

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 10 May 2017 6:50 pm

1. When applying for the SVP Extension, did you read that if the Visa is rejected, you will not seek any appeal or extension?

If you confirm that you fulfill all the above conditions and agree that you will not be seeking any (further) extension after this application, irrespective of the outcome,

2. You can try to appeal at ICA in person and a local contact (SC or SPR ) must support your SVP Extension. They may consider your case as it is on medical grounds, but it is better for you to make alternate arrangements ASAP.

3. Exiting Singapore and entering again after a few days does not guarantee a new entry again as all their System's are linked and they can easily know that your extension was rejected and you are doing this visa run deliberately.

4. Second, for SVP they grant visa of validity 9 - 12 weeks with multiple entry - does not mean you can spend 30 days and exit for a few days and enter again saying the Visa is still valid. It DOES NOT work like that. If you enter/exit multiple times within the first time of 30 days it is ok. But not after the first (entry) 30 days.

5. Also note that they may check if you went back to your own country before re-entering Singapore again. So, do not try to game the system by doing visa runs to Batam, etc. It is not right

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 10 May 2017 8:34 pm

You need a maid and possibly a confinement nanny ASAP or you need to send your wife home. Relying on a STVP or LTVP for this situation is not a contingency plan; it's a recipe for disaster.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

ping_pong

Post by ping_pong » Thu, 11 May 2017 12:18 am

Too long didnt read.
All i can say is you can appeal over the counter if its rejected. At the end of the day ICA staff are still people and they will listen and try to help if the situation is genuine, of course that means that you should follow all the rules and procedures and get ready everything to prove your case when you go see them at ICA.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 11 May 2017 6:53 am

ping_pong wrote:Too long didnt read.
All i can say is you can appeal over the counter if its rejected. At the end of the day ICA staff are still people and they will listen and try to help if the situation is genuine, of course that means that you should follow all the rules and procedures and get ready everything to prove your case when you go see them at ICA.
Non citizens/PRs spouse / children / parents and such don't get much of a listening ear at ICA counter for renewal.

Just saying, from experience...

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 11 May 2017 8:10 am

You too new here. Don't give unverified advice.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 11 May 2017 9:58 am

PNGMK wrote:
Heck, I may have a beer if ICA allows everybody who goes to the counter seeking extension .. i.e. those non SC/non PRC relatives.

I can safely say 99% their reply will be 'you can't extend if online extension is denied .. '

ping_pong

Post by ping_pong » Sun, 21 May 2017 10:47 pm

PNGMK wrote:
What has this got to do with my newbie status?

What do you qualify as a "verified advice"?

You remind me of school bullies when i was small. Dont be one.

All i was saying is OP can give it a try. He's got a genuine situation and i believe, even at 0.1% chance, his appeal may be entertained on exceptional basis.
Last edited by ping_pong on Sun, 21 May 2017 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ping_pong

Post by ping_pong » Sun, 21 May 2017 10:51 pm

ecureilx wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
Heck, I may have a beer if ICA allows everybody who goes to the counter seeking extension .. i.e. those non SC/non PRC relatives.

I can safely say 99% their reply will be 'you can't extend if online extension is denied .. '
Same as my previous reply. Dont be so negative.

You never try you never know. And in fact nobody is stopping you from appealing over the counter. So why not?

Even you, in your reply, admitted that there's still 1% chance of ICA not saying no.

Its been a while since my last visit to the forum. Hope OP has got a positive outcome.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 22 May 2017 8:45 am

ping_pong wrote: Same as my previous reply. Dont be so negative.

You never try you never know. And in fact nobody is stopping you from appealing over the counter. So why not?

Even you, in your reply, admitted that there's still 1% chance of ICA not saying no.

Its been a while since my last visit to the forum. Hope OP has got a positive outcome.
Ah, welcome to the Forum.

BTW, what makes you think I am shooting off my a** ? I wrote what I wrote after a lot of visits to 10 Kallang Road. And setting the expectation of people asking question is better than sugar coating replies.

Hence my saying there is low chance, than saying NO Chance or saying there is 100% chance ..

So tell me again, how many times have YOU been to ICA and ask for over the counter extension ? As I said, say, 10 years or so ago, over the counter renewals were very normal. Not any more. And when you seek extension via E-XTEND, there is a tick mark saying the applicant will not appeal the outcome and will not seek any more extension. What exactly that does that mean ? ;)

Have a good day.

PS, again, what is YOUR VERIFIED ADVICE ??

ping_pong

Post by ping_pong » Mon, 22 May 2017 3:29 pm

Same here. Dont think you are the only one making quarterly visits to ICA. There was a period that I even did monthly visits.

I may be new to this forum but I've been 13 years and counting in Singapore.

For verified case, my friend JUST came back from ICA with good news. Online extension for another month was rejected. So she went to ICA this morning with a PR friend acting as sponsor and got approved over the counter. JUST THIS MORNING.

Lets put a conclusion to this. Stay positive. No harm trying. As long as its not illegal, go for it. Who knows, you may get it you may not, but if you don't take the leap of faith you will get nothing, for sure.

Good day everybody.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 22 May 2017 4:45 pm

ping_pong wrote:Same here. Dont think you are the only one making quarterly visits to ICA. There was a period that I even did monthly visits.

I may be new to this forum but I've been 13 years and counting in Singapore.

For verified case, my friend JUST came back from ICA with good news. Online extension for another month was rejected. So she went to ICA this morning with a PR friend acting as sponsor and got approved over the counter. JUST THIS MORNING.

Lets put a conclusion to this. Stay positive. No harm trying. As long as its not illegal, go for it. Who knows, you may get it you may not, but if you don't take the leap of faith you will get nothing, for sure.

Good day everybody.
Ping Pong,
No one is saying that SVP extension at the counter is not possible. What we are saying is that the chance is very less.

vegavega25

Post by vegavega25 » Mon, 09 Apr 2018 9:52 am

I have a simple question, and will appreciate your help on this.

Quick background: I come from a country where I need to apply in advance for a visa for Singapore. Upon entry in Singapore, I get a 30-day short-term visit pass stamp on my passport. My reasons for staying in Singapore are all above-aboard and there is nothing in my background or travel history that should cause any consulate alarm.

Questions:
If the short-term visit pass extension is granted through e-XTEND, does the extension apply to my current stay within Singapore only? That is, the moment that I step out of Singapore does this extended short-term visit pass 'expire'?

And if I wish to re-enter Singapore (after >5 days), my entry will be based on my original (multiple-entry) *valid* visa, NOT only my extended but still valid short-term visit pass? Or, if perchance on that date my original visa is past its due date, I will not be allowed to enter Singapore?

Thanks a ton!

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 09 Apr 2018 10:43 am

vegavega25 wrote:I have a simple question, and will appreciate your help on this.

Quick background: I come from a country where I need to apply in advance for a visa for Singapore. Upon entry in Singapore, I get a 30-day short-term visit pass stamp on my passport. My reasons for staying in Singapore are all above-aboard and there is nothing in my background or travel history that should cause any consulate alarm.

Questions:
If the short-term visit pass extension is granted through e-XTEND, does the extension apply to my current stay within Singapore only? That is, the moment that I step out of Singapore does this extended short-term visit pass 'expire'?

And if I wish to re-enter Singapore (after >5 days), my entry will be based on my original (multiple-entry) *valid* visa, NOT only my extended but still valid short-term visit pass? Or, if perchance on that date my original visa is past its due date, I will not be allowed to enter Singapore?

Thanks a ton!
Start a new thread twerp.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 09 Apr 2018 10:54 am

vegavega25 wrote:I have a simple question, and will appreciate your help on this.

Questions:

Thanks a ton!
-- YES

- You had used your original visa and also the extension via eXtend.So, they bascially have the right to reject your entry into Singapore.