Singapore Expats

PR application chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 25 Jan 2013 5:20 pm

I'd suggest a higher salary even. My personal feeling is that unless you're non-PRC Chinese, you're going to need to meet the new PEP qualifications on an otherwise 'ok' application with no major negatives to get PR.

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vishalgupta2 » Sat, 26 Jan 2013 4:05 am

offshoreoildude wrote:OP - perhaps conider migrating somewhere else. Canada/USA/Australia are still accepting people with your skills. I think the door is closed in Singapore.
I don't know about Australia, but for US, you need a employer who will pick up the H1 costs for the OP (6k USD) + start application process in march and wait until October for the OP. Say virtually impossible. There are only 2 paths to USA now.
1. As a student (99.9%)
2. You are working for a company in offshore office (say India/Singapore) and you are the star performer (top 1% or so) and the company decides to close the local office, let go everyone and gets the stars to the USA (This is how I got to USA)

Canada recently suspended its PR program with an exception of confirmed job offer from Canada. This is considered to be the outcome of Indians applying for canadian PR as a backup while waiting for US green card.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sat, 26 Jan 2013 4:14 am

vishalgupta2 wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:OP - perhaps conider migrating somewhere else. Canada/USA/Australia are still accepting people with your skills. I think the door is closed in Singapore.
I don't know about Australia, but for US, you need a employer who will pick up the H1 costs for the OP (6k USD) + start application process in march and wait until October for the OP. Say virtually impossible. There are only 2 paths to USA now.
1. As a student (99.9%)
2. You are working for a company in offshore office (say India/Singapore) and you are the star performer (top 1% or so) and the company decides to close the local office, let go everyone and gets the stars to the USA (This is how I got to USA)

Canada recently suspended its PR program with an exception of confirmed job offer from Canada. This is considered to be the outcome of Indians applying for canadian PR as a backup while waiting for US green card.
USA is actually quite easy now. You just need to be with a major Indian IT vendor for a year and then they send you to the US. H1B quota is not getting filled like it used to be. For large companies like Infy, TCS and CTS etc the visa costs are peanuts if they do have confirmed client work.

I dont know about Canada, but I do know that its still fairly straightforward to move to UK, AU and NZ. UK is very easy to have body shopping company file a work permit for you and then you act as a contractor and you earn in pounds :). In case of AU and NZ, getting a PR is fairly straightforward if you are in IT. If you are really niche, employers file work visa for you, like few of my friends have recently moved to Auckland.

All in all, I would say if you really want something you get it. Question is you must ask yourself if you really want it :)

nitpas

Post by nitpas » Mon, 28 Jan 2013 3:21 pm

Aha!! thank god At last got a new Job in a leading bank with a sal of 75K , in the IT security field. Now things are moving :)

Lets see what happens next : yahoooooooooooooo. Joining in next month . will kepp you all posted for the PR application status.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 28 Jan 2013 8:31 pm

nitpas wrote:Aha!! thank god At last got a new Job in a leading bank with a sal of 75K , in the IT security field. Now things are moving :)

Lets see what happens next : yahoooooooooooooo. Joining in next month . will kepp you all posted for the PR application status.
And hopefully that position is permanent, not contract. Otherwise if they approve your CPF you will have to give away more than a third of your money as CPF. For permanents easier. I earn significantly more than 75K a year already for a while, but it is a contract, so I'm reluctant to apply for PR for now.

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vishalgupta2 » Tue, 29 Jan 2013 4:21 am

Wd40 wrote:
vishalgupta2 wrote:
1. As a student (99.9%)

USA is actually quite easy now. You just need to be with a major Indian IT vendor for a year and then they send you to the US. H1B quota is not getting filled like it used to be. For large companies like Infy, TCS and CTS etc the visa costs are peanuts if they do have confirmed client work.

I dont know about Canada, but I do know that its still fairly straightforward to move to UK, AU and NZ. UK is very easy to have body shopping company file a work permit for you and then you act as a contractor and you earn in pounds :). In case of AU and NZ, getting a PR is fairly straightforward if you are in IT. If you are really niche, employers file work visa for you, like few of my friends have recently moved to Auckland.

All in all, I would say if you really want something you get it. Question is you must ask yourself if you really want it :)
Now the quota gets filled up by May. And getting a H1B stamp from US consulate comes with major risk

HelloPR

Re: PR application chances

Post by HelloPR » Tue, 09 May 2017 9:19 am

nitpas wrote:Hi All,

I have applied PR 3 times and I am working as a IT (Network Security) Engineer, Degree: Bachelor of Engineering

I have EP2 pass and my family is on DP.

I have applied PR 3 times and now the 4th time 2 month back.
My salary is near 60k Annual.

Total Singapore stay is 3+

My wife has a Degree as well she is MBA in Finance stream
baby girl she was born in Singapore.
I will be changing my Job soon.. the present company i have completed 3_ years or work.
I am an Indian.

Now I really want to know the expats to guide or have a suggestion why I am not getting PR and what are the possibilities the 4th time , still it is in Pending state.

Regards..
Hi Nitpas,

Did you already get your pr?
Thx