Singapore Expats

3rd PR application rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
HelloPR

3rd PR application rejected

Post by HelloPR » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 2:32 pm

Hi,

We are indian family with 2 daughters. I am working in a simcon company since 2012 here in sg as a firmware engineer. My sal is 110+ k/annum including bonus and AWS. The monthly basic is 8k. I got promotion once during my 4.5 yrs in Sg. My wife is working as a part time teacher earning very little 500$/month. Both daughters are studying in local primary school.

My application are:

Jan2014: Aug2014 (reject)
Jan2016: Apr2016(reject)
Jan2017: Apr2017(reject)

We are puzzled why the application is not successful?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: 3rd PR application rejected

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 2:35 pm

HelloPR wrote:Hi,

We are indian family with 2 daughters. I am working in a simcon company since 2012 here in sg as a firmware engineer. My sal is 110+ k/annum. My wife is working as a part time teacher earning very little 500$/month. Both daughters are studying in local primary school.

My application are:

What EP pass are you working on P2 or P1? Also what pass is your wife on?

2014 and 2016 were too early for you to apply. Wait for 2 more years, show increase in your skills, salary etc and try again.

bcheng74
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bcheng74 » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 3:45 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:

We are indian family with 2 daughters. I am working in a simcon company since 2012 here in sg as a firmware engineer. My sal is 110+ k/annum. My wife is working as a part time teacher earning very little 500$/month. Both daughters are studying in local primary school.

My application are:

2014 and 2016 were too early for you to apply. Wait for 2 more years, show increase in your skills, salary etc and try again.
There are quite a number of cases, including myself, approved with a shorter period of stay in SG. In any case, he has been here for almost 5 years in the third attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 3:52 pm

bcheng74 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

My application are:

There are quite a number of cases, including myself, approved with a shorter period of stay in SG. In any case, he has been here for almost 5 years in the third attempt.

Hi, bcheng74, you also need to see where he is from. I mean the nationality and the race. For certain nationalities and race, the duration of stay even if is shorter is considered OK and it is not the same for all.

bcheng74
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bcheng74 » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 3:55 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Hi, bcheng74, you also need to see where he is from. I mean the nationality and the race. For certain nationalities and race, the duration of stay even if is shorter is considered OK and it is not the same for all.
That's exactly this point. His race and the gender of his kids are something he can't change, but that could be the main reason for rejection.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 4:26 pm

bcheng74 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:

That's exactly this point. His race and the gender of his kids are something he can't change, but that could be the main reason for rejection.

Dont think so. As long as he stays longer, shows progress in his career and salary, he will still have a chance.

HelloPR

Post by HelloPR » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 4:27 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:

My application are:

I think should be P2, as when I joined here in SG, salary was far less then 8k. Last year only my salary becomes 8K+ monthly. BTW, this year my EP renewal is due. So, MoM will issue P1? correct?

HelloPR

Post by HelloPR » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 4:29 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote: Hi, bcheng74, you also need to see where he is from. I mean the nationality and the race. For certain nationalities and race, the duration of stay even if is shorter is considered OK and it is not the same for all.

Dont think so. As long as he stays longer, shows progress in his career and salary, he will still have a chance.
Should I wait for next 1 year to reapply? Is there a chance or should I go back to India?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 4:37 pm

bcheng74 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:

It's some weighted pass/fail qualification. The fact that he is this or that race and has daughters doesn't mean he has no chance. He just may need to "compensate" for the negative points with some stronger positive points, the longer stay is one of them.

bcheng74
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bcheng74 » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 4:38 pm

x9200 wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote: Hi, bcheng74, you also need to see where he is from. I mean the nationality and the race. For certain nationalities and race, the duration of stay even if is shorter is considered OK and it is not the same for all.

It's some weighted pass/fail qualification. The fact that he is this or that race and has daughters doesn't mean he has no chance. He just may need to "compensate" for the negative points with some stronger positive points, the longer stay is one of them.
I didn't say he has no chance in future. I just said this could be the main reason of his three rejections.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:07 am

HelloPR wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

My application are:

I think should be P2, as when I joined here in SG, salary was far less then 8k. Last year only my salary becomes 8K+ monthly. BTW, this year my EP renewal is due. So, MoM will issue P1? correct?
Its just a generic "Employment Pass" these days , I don't think I have had a designation on my pass for the past couple of renewals.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:35 am

Barnsley wrote:
HelloPR wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Its just a generic "Employment Pass" these days , I don't think I have had a designation on my pass for the past couple of renewals.
But the approval letter will have a category as P1, P2 or Q1?

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 4:06 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Barnsley wrote:
HelloPR wrote:
He talking about renewal...

When does a renewal come with a letter?

You don't even need to leave your desk these days , HR just come in with your newly minted pass and give it to you.
Employment Pass
The Employment Pass allows foreign professionals, managers and executives to work in Singapore. Candidates need to earn at least $3,600 a month and have acceptable qualifications.
This is from mom website.

Not very satki I know in that one cannot now look down on folk when you get a "P1" on your pass.

Maybe the OP can ask for one to put on his card , or he can do some stickers for himself if it makes him feel better.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 4:14 pm

Barnsley wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Barnsley wrote:

You don't even need to leave your desk these days , HR just come in with your newly minted pass and give it to you.
Employment Pass
The Employment Pass allows foreign professionals, managers and executives to work in Singapore. Candidates need to earn at least $3,600 a month and have acceptable qualifications.

Not very satki I know in that one cannot now look down on folk when you get a "P1" on your pass.

Maybe the OP can ask for one to put on his card , or he can do some stickers for himself if it makes him feel better.
EP Renewal also has an approval letter and the Pass type is mentioned on it. Sometimes the pass gets upgraded based on the salary and other qualifications during renewal

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Apr 2017 4:16 pm

Barnsley wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Barnsley wrote:

Employment Pass

The pass type was mentioned in the EP Card till 2007/2008. Now there is no EP Pass type mentioned on the EP Card, but still the IPA has it mentioned.