Singapore Expats

Bringing wife and toddler

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
1D1OT

Bringing wife and toddler

Post by 1D1OT » Sun, 23 Apr 2017 12:23 am

My partner (not registered/thai) and my son(thai) is going to visit me(singaporean) in the near future and after reading a few post about 'refused entry' I'm starting to get paranoid as its thier first visit to sg.

What are the best ways to not get 'refused entry' and if it does happen would they deny food to the toddler or seperate my wife from my son? Also what could i do if such a thing happen?

Thank you very much. Do move the thread if its the wrong place to ask such things.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Bringing wife and toddler

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 24 Apr 2017 8:41 am

1D1OT wrote:My partner (not registered/thai) and my son(thai) is going to visit me(singaporean) in the near future and after reading a few post about 'refused entry' I'm starting to get paranoid as its thier first visit to sg.

What are the best ways to not get 'refused entry' and if it does happen would they deny food to the toddler or seperate my wife from my son? Also what could i do if such a thing happen?

Thank you very much. Do move the thread if its the wrong place to ask such things.
They are not inhumane man. If denied entry they will be held in a holding room until turned around on the next flight. Ensure your partner has:

1. A return ticket
2. Confirmed accomodation
3. Evidence of having financial means for the duration of her stay
4. Evidence of her intention to return to Thailand.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 24 Apr 2017 10:49 pm

1D1OT wrote:My partner (not registered/thai) and my son(thai) is going to visit me(singaporean) in the near future and after reading a few post about 'refused entry' I'm starting to get paranoid as its thier first visit to sg.

If it's your kid, the kid is eligible for SC

I doubt they gonna refuse entry.

To be safe, you should fly in with them

SaraAbdul

Post by SaraAbdul » Tue, 25 Apr 2017 9:33 am

If it's your kid, the kid is eligible for SC

I doubt they gonna refuse entry.

To be safe, you should fly in with them[/quote]

i dont think so their children is eligeble for sc, OP does not register their union.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 25 Apr 2017 5:15 pm

SaraAbdul wrote: i dont think so their children is eligeble for sc, OP does not register their union.
He may forego a lot of other benefits, but being the father of the Child, he won't forego.

Oh, and, that means the son is eligible to be a citizen of SG. Did I miss something about "UNION" ? :)

SaraAbdul

Post by SaraAbdul » Wed, 26 Apr 2017 9:46 am

ecureilx wrote:
SaraAbdul wrote: i dont think so their children is eligeble for sc, OP does not register their union.
He may forego a lot of other benefits, but being the father of the Child, he won't forego.

Oh, and, that means the son is eligible to be a citizen of SG. Did I miss something about "UNION" ? :)
ok lah to me marriage or union can be the same thing =D
but this i quote from ICA - Overseas-born child of a Singapore citizen; the parents must be legally married.
I suggest OP to register marriage (see what you did to me?) and to apply or not citizen is up to them. I feel this is the right thing to do