Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 8:59 pm

shopaholic wrote:congrats on getting in Ezanne!

I have 2 visible scars on my face from chickenpox... I have never tried hiding them with makeup, but I don't want to either.

Now I'm just afraid SIA won't accept me due to that. sigh.
dont worry abt that in the first interview. but u muz be able to conceal them during your kebaya check if you managed to pass through the first and second interviews.

aloyscious
Regular
Regular

Male invitation...

Post by aloyscious » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:02 pm

Hey ..Any males got invited yet? IF you pass the first round, how many rounds and days will there be again? 2 more days? or one more day is needed? Thanks...

Colleen

JAL

Post by Colleen » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:44 pm

Hi...

Just wana get some info abt JAL. saw the forum and got to know JAL last recruitment was on Apr or May 2005. I missed it.. Is it true that they will not be recruiting cabin crews for the next 2 years?? Wat are the min qualification require?? If i have JLPT 4 wif O Level, do you tink they will take into consideration?

Colleen

Bluz

Post by Bluz » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:49 pm

Dun give up hope on waiting for a reply guys... think they go by when you sent in your application...
My interview is on the 2nd at 1120hrs... all the best to those who were invited and those going to be invited!! :)

Lab_baby79

Post by Lab_baby79 » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:22 pm

zhuzhu leong wrote:
Mandi wrote:
Guest00 wrote:Sob, i havent gotta any reply. Anyone who sent their application on the 17th got a reply?
I sent on 17 as well. Close to Midnight. Haven gotten reply too.. Seems like a lot of the gals had their replies. I think chances might be very low.. Unlike previous advertisements, they state when the emails are sent out latest, so at least ple are aware of the chances. Not for this time round
if you do not receive anything by this weekend, you probably aint going to receive any oredi

i posted my resume on 17th...
i got an email from SQ today..
gg for interview on 2nd july, 11am..
anyone have the same timing? can go together....

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:24 pm

If we email in our application, do we include our cover letter and full-length photgraph as separate attachments? And then there's their downloadable application form - how do we fill that up if we decide to email instead of printing the form?

SIA only stated their requirement for a covering letter - a resume wasn't mentioned. Should we still send in one?

Sorry for the bundle of questions! :shock:

mouse

Post by mouse » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:35 pm

Hi shopaholic,

You just have to have to prepare a (1)cover letter (2)fill up the application form (save it somewhere and open up in words format and just fill it up).
(3) Attached both IC photo on the top right hand corner of the form and also a full-length photograph of yourself together with the form

So, total there will be two attachements to be sent.

Applied twice, went twice, both times also kicked out! Sighz.fingers crossed. ALl the best to you too~ yeah~ : :) And to everyone else too.

mine is 02/07 at 9am :shock:

FlowerShop

SQ interveiw

Post by FlowerShop » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:39 pm

Ezanne wrote:2nd July 2005 @ 1040Hrs :wink:
Hi Ezanne, I got the interview as well, mine is at 104o too. Any idea how the interview is going to be like?

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:56 pm

Hi Mouse,

thanks a lot. Really appreciate your help. But I'll have to wait until their next recruitment since I just happen to very unfortunately miss the deadline by a day.

The IC picture you mentioned - is it compulsory to attach the exact one from your IC? I don't have a digital copy of that. Or is any headshot suitable?

Anyway, thanks a lot =)

mouse

Post by mouse » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:11 am

Hi Shopaholic,

No lah, not necessary to attach the same one from IC. Attach a recent photo of yourself :wink:

I think u have to wait for a few mths before the next recruitment starts. Keep a lookout,do check regularly like every two weeks! haha..thats how I keep track :oops:

Post by Guest » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:19 am

hi, did anyone who got shortlisted is an undergrad? Coz they didnt mention that they wanted undergrad, but I still applied for the position.. :shock:

Post by Guest » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:36 am

mouse wrote:Me too me too. this is going to be my 3rd attempt. 2nd july at 9am. haha

hey, wan to exchange msn? so we can mix a little 1st, then when the day comes it would be so tensed up! :D

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 3:35 am

hmm I know this is way late than the dealine of 18 June - but I just e-mailed them. Guess it's also OK to be on their waiting list.

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 3:36 am

errors!

later*

deadline*

Ezanne

Re: SQ interveiw

Post by Ezanne » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 9:35 am

FlowerShop wrote:
Ezanne wrote:2nd July 2005 @ 1040Hrs :wink:
Hi Ezanne, I got the interview as well, mine is at 104o too. Any idea how the interview is going to be like?
I have no idea here...1st timer here :lol: Browse thru the forum for some tips as some with experience :wink: may post it here too.