Singapore Expats

Malaysian Visa on Arrival for Indians staying in Singapore on EP

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
shinks

Malaysian Visa on Arrival for Indians staying in Singapore on EP

Post by shinks » Sun, 16 Apr 2017 10:49 pm

Hi

I am employment pass holder in Singapore and planning to visit to Malaysia over next couple of months. I am holding Indian passport. Has anyone ever applied for Malaysian visa on arrival. can you please let me know what are formalities involved.

Thank you

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Malaysian Visa on Arrival for Indians staying in Singapore on EP

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 16 Apr 2017 11:34 pm

shinks wrote:Hi

I am employment pass holder in Singapore and planning to visit to Malaysia over next couple of months. I am holding Indian passport. Has anyone ever applied for Malaysian visa on arrival. can you please let me know what are formalities involved.

Thank you
Malaysia announced on arrival visa for Indian tourists.. not sure if they have started implementing it.

To be safe, go to Mustafa and apply for a multiple entry visa to Malaysia ....

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Re: Malaysian Visa on Arrival for Indians staying in Singapore on EP

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 10:34 am

Both India and Malaysia should learn from Indonesia and make visa free for all countries.

I think India is the culprit here, they hiked visa fees for Malaysians visiting India to some 400RM and then reversed it. Malaysia currently offers visa free for most countries including until recently North Korea. They charge only $10 for few remaining countries. India is the only country they charge $23 and then Mustafa charges another big fee and it comes to $65. Too expensive. But I think this is reciprocative action because of India charging high fees.

So Indian tourists would rather choose Bali rather than KL. I also tell my friends back home to avoid Malaysia and do Singapore and Bali.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Malaysian Visa on Arrival for Indians staying in Singapore on EP

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 11:29 am

Wd40 wrote:Both India and Malaysia should learn from Indonesia and make visa free for all countries.
When there are thousands of Indians overstaying in Malaysia ... and a lot working illegally on social visit visa, and many getting caught during raids ... yeah right ... Malaysia should learn from Indonesia !

:D

Wd40
Director
Director

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Malaysian Visa on Arrival for Indians staying in Singapore on EP

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 11:38 am

ecureilx wrote:
Wd40 wrote:Both India and Malaysia should learn from Indonesia and make visa free for all countries.
When there are thousands of Indians overstaying in Malaysia ... and a lot working illegally on social visit visa, and many getting caught during raids ... yeah right ... Malaysia should learn from Indonesia !

Any evidence that there are more illegal Indians compared to illegal Indonesians, Bangaladeshis? Yet visa fee for Bangladeshi is $10 and visa free for Indonesia.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Malaysian Visa on Arrival for Indians staying in Singapore on EP

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 1:02 pm

Wd40 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:

Any evidence that there are more illegal Indians compared to illegal Indonesians, Bangaladeshis? Yet visa fee for Bangladeshi is $10 and visa free for Indonesia.

Bangaldesh is an islamic republic and so is Indonesia.. don't you see the connection?
and there is no point in paying 100 USD for a visa on arrival to Malaysia ( which i did once in JB a long time ago) .. it still makes perfect sense to go and pay 35$ and get a one year multiple entry visa to Malaysia.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 1:19 pm

It is not $35 anymore. It used to be some donkeys years back. Now it is $65. I have stopped going to Malaysia since 2011.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 1:53 pm

Wd40 wrote:It is not $35 anymore. It used to be some donkeys years back. Now it is $65. I have stopped going to Malaysia since 2011.

if you apply for the visa from India its only 1000 INR..
source: http://www.kln.gov.my/web/ind_chennai/faqs

and 65$ is ok its not too bad for a years visit as opposed to paying 100 USD for a single entry ? :???:
wheres the logic?

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 2:00 pm

Wd40 wrote:It is not $35 anymore. It used to be some donkeys years back. Now it is $65. I have stopped going to Malaysia since 2011.

if you apply for the visa from India its only 1000 INR..
source: http://www.kln.gov.my/web/ind_chennai/faqs

and 65$ is ok its not too bad for a years visit as opposed to paying 100 USD for a single entry ? :???:
wheres the logic?

and edit: http://www.mustafa.com.sg/mmsnew/fmMalaysiaVisa.aspx
still lists fee as 35$ so not sure whats going on.. i will find out soon as I need to go there

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 2:17 pm

Yupp the 100 USD makes absolutely no sense, unless in case of some emergency. 65$ per person it is. For a family of 3 it comes to $200. True you can keep going for a whole year, but first time when you come to Singapore, people generally get the visa and do all the tourist attractions and then there is no real need to go multiple times a year.

Now if the visa was free, it is a different​ thing. May be we would visit malaysia a few times a year. So making it free does make a difference.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Malaysian Visa on Arrival for Indians staying in Singapore on EP

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 9:54 pm

Wd40 wrote: Any evidence that there are more illegal Indians compared to illegal Indonesians, Bangaladeshis? Yet visa fee for Bangladeshi is $10 and visa free for Indonesia.

pot, kettle, black.

My point is about Malaysia randomly placing Indians on the visa needed list to visa not needed list and then reverse it - they been doing that ding dong for a while.

PS. Does it matter how many Indian illegals are there, vs Bangladeshis ? The latter is preferred due to many reasons, including increasing the Bumi ratio.