Singapore Expats

The boosted circuit about the voltage changes from 3V to 100-400V

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
memo ming

The boosted circuit about the voltage changes from 3V to 100-400V

Post by memo ming » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 5:24 pm

Good afternoon~ O:)
I would like to see some advice from you.My situation:
Do you have any boosted circuit or project about the voltage changes from 3V to 100-400V ? The current is about 5mA,in addition,there the room is limited so that it’s not the best chose to use transformer.
I’m not familiar in the boost controller cause I am an enthusiast in electronics. I have the MCP1650 in mind and I have already downloaded the libraries from the microchip website. Here I saw that the output voltage capability from 3.3V to over 100V in the MCP1650’s datasheet( http://www.kynix.com/uploadfiles/pdf228 ... -E2fMS.pdf ).
The problems is that I don’t know if it’s suitable for me cause my English is not well and I’m not really understand the content clearly.In conclusion,there are two questions in all:
1).Can you help me to have a look and tell me if the MCP1650 is suitable for me?
2).Do you have any boosted circuit or project about the voltage changes from 3V to 100-400V ?
Thank you all.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: The boosted circuit about the voltage changes from 3V to 100-400V

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 6:39 pm

A cold cathode tube inverter or the circuit from a flash camera (the cheap disposable old film cameras) might work. I realize it uses an inductor or txr. If that won't work then you'll need a pumped supply - I believe there are some IC's that can do this - they essentially rapidly switch a series of caps in different configurations from parallel (to charge) to series (to supply the desired voltage). The problem will be current - most of these IC's are pretty low current from memory.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: The boosted circuit about the voltage changes from 3V to 100-400V

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 6:45 pm

MCP1650R looks nice. Problem will be designing / sourcing the inductor... however the specs say it can do 100V.... not sure about how many mA.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!