Singapore Expats

Renounciation of PR- will it affect 2nd gen?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
1508rm

Renounciation of PR- will it affect 2nd gen?

Post by 1508rm » Sat, 15 Apr 2017 8:55 pm

Hi guys. Just want to ask some things to anyone who has experienced the same thing. I am a PR here, as dependent of my dad. We applied when I was 15 years old. Since i turned 21, we renew our REPs separately, as required. Before turning 21, whenever we renew our REP, my dad could renew it for me together with his. My question is: My dad is renouncing his PR status, and I was wondering if i will be affected, as i still like to stay in singapore. Back story: I am 26 now, and have been working for 3 yrs full time.
Thanks in advance guys

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Renounciation of PR- will it affect 2nd gen?

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 16 Apr 2017 8:27 am

1508rm wrote:Hi guys. Just want to ask some things to anyone who has experienced the same thing. I am a PR here, as dependent of my dad. We applied when I was 15 years old. Since i turned 21, we renew our REPs separately, as required. Before turning 21, whenever we renew our REP, my dad could renew it for me together with his. My question is: My dad is renouncing his PR status, and I was wondering if i will be affected, as i still like to stay in singapore. Back story: I am 26 now, and have been working for 3 yrs full time.
Thanks in advance guys
I imagine you will be ok.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 16 Apr 2017 4:30 pm

I'm assuming you have done your NS commitment already? If so, I agree, I reckon should be no real issues.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

1508rm

Post by 1508rm » Sun, 16 Apr 2017 4:35 pm

Im a female so no NS is necessary

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 16 Apr 2017 4:51 pm

Sadly, with the lack of info in your initial post is was rather difficult to tell and it's usually the males with the NS issues who want to know.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

1508rm

Post by 1508rm » Sun, 16 Apr 2017 5:28 pm

I apologise for that. But yeah, female 26 here. Studied in Singapore since secondary and graduated from poly 3 years ago, and currently working

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 16 Apr 2017 9:59 pm

Again, I don't see any real problem with it if you have been applying separately since you were 21. However, think about a plan B as well, as this government is pretty wishy-washy so one is never quite sure what they are going to do. You don't want to be caught flat-footed should that happen. Forewarned is forearmed.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 8:31 am

1508rm wrote:Im a female so no NS is necessary
that may change when Trump goes to war with DPRK/PRC. The constitution does not exempt women from NS, only 'customary practice'. Singapore is already being dragged in as the Naval fleet from the USN that is 'sailing North' is supported out of Singapore. If you have USN friends or know their spouses they are all in radio silence right now.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!