Singapore Expats

AGM, corporate tax for local company

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
stem

AGM, corporate tax for local company

Post by stem » Thu, 13 Apr 2017 10:25 am

Hi all

It's our company 1 year anniversary ( set up in March 2016). It's a simple set up with me (directory), wife (secretary), and 2 other pr employees. We are paid monthly salary. We are a pte ltd company established for the purpose of operating a franchise retail business.

As we are pretty noob on the corporate tax and AGM requirement (we have no corporate secretary), we hope to get some kind advice.

Our FY end is Nov 2016. Is it required to conduct AGM within 6 month of financial year end? Do we need to file it in bizfile

Do we need to do a profit and loss , balance sheet , and need to be certified by accountants?

Do we need to file for corporate tax, and when do we need to do it?

Many many thanks in advance

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: AGM, corporate tax for local company

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Apr 2017 2:35 pm

:???: ](*,) #-o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Re: AGM, corporate tax for local company

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 14 Apr 2017 12:22 am

You REALLY need to hire an independent corporate secretary. You are probably in violation on many of the requirements of the companies act. You need to file tax returns. You need an AGM. You need a minutes book of all directors resolutions. You need a set of financial statements. How do you even know how your business is doing without statements?

Have you been to the ACRA website?