Singapore Expats

Will 'Refused Entry to SG' affect EPass application?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
JuanDC

Will 'Refused Entry to SG' affect EPass application?

Post by JuanDC » Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:53 pm

I know this has been asked multiple times already but I just want an updated answer since I heard SG immigration gets a lot stricter by the minute.

Will a 'Refused Entry' (Airport-to-Airport) to SG affect an EPass application?

I believe I have been refused entry due to subsequent visits within a short span of time but now I have a job offer in SG and EPass application is already underway.

Will a 'Refused Entry' (Airport-to-Airport) to SG affect an EPass application? TIA! :)

ppam02

Re: Will 'Refused Entry to SG' affect EPass application?

Post by ppam02 » Tue, 21 Mar 2017 2:56 am

JuanDC wrote:I know this has been asked multiple times already but I just want an updated answer since I heard SG immigration gets a lot stricter by the minute.

I believe I have been refused entry due to subsequent visits within a short span of time but now I have a job offer in SG and EPass application is already underway.

Will a 'Refused Entry' (Airport-to-Airport) to SG affect an EPass application? TIA! :)
Hi JuanDC!

Yes, a 'refused entry' will affect your EPass application. I was able to experience it myself.

My employer submitted an EPass application but MOM rejected it because of my refused entry. You can try to resolve this if you'll apply for a Visit Pass (Form14) with a local sponsor so that your 'refused entry issue' can be resolved both in ICA and MOM.

Once your visit pass is approved, and if your company is still keen on hiring you, you can tell your employer to re-appeal for your rejected EPass.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 21 Mar 2017 7:15 am

ppam02 wrote:
JuanDC wrote:I know this has been asked multiple times already but I just want an updated answer since I heard SG immigration gets a lot stricter by the minute.

Hi JuanDC!

Yes, a 'refused entry' will affect your EPass application. I was able to experience it myself.
Did you get that reason directly from MoM or this is what you were told by the HR and they knew before about your troubles?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Will 'Refused Entry to SG' affect EPass application?

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 21 Mar 2017 9:06 am

x9200 wrote: Did you get that reason directly from MoM or this is what you were told by the HR and they knew before about your troubles?
Me too would like to know the answer...

ppam02

Post by ppam02 » Tue, 21 Mar 2017 2:59 pm

x9200 wrote:Did you get that reason directly from MoM or this is what you were told by the HR and they knew before about your troubles?
As far as I understand, my employer had a conversation with MOM. So I am exactly not sure if it was MOM who directly gave that reason, but my employer knew my refused entry issue since I stated it on the work pass application.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 21 Mar 2017 4:54 pm

ppam02 wrote:
x9200 wrote:Did you get that reason directly from MoM or this is what you were told by the HR and they knew before about your troubles?
As far as I understand, my employer had a conversation with MOM. So I am exactly not sure if it was MOM who directly gave that reason, but my employer knew my refused entry issue since I stated it on the work pass application.
As far as I knew ;) MOM never rejected a pass because of a past refusal of entry. Unless it was criminal.

However, let's see what MOM does after your visit pass gets through !

Good luck.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 21 Mar 2017 5:33 pm

Also important to notice, a pre-approval from MoM (so called IPA) doesn't guaranty the entrance to the country even if the IPA contains a visa.
If IPA doesn't contain a visa and a visa is required, the visa has to be obtained separately. In other words, IMHO It makes not much sense for MoM to reject anything based on some problems at the border. It's not within MoM's competency I think.

Now, if the above is correct there are 2 possible scenarios:
a) the HR made a mistake and try to cover it up submitting corrected data next time
b) the HR is incompetent and any clearing from ICA is not going to help

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 21 Mar 2017 8:05 pm

x9200 wrote: Now, if the above is correct there are 2 possible scenarios:
a) the HR made a mistake and try to cover it up submitting corrected data next time
b) the HR is incompetent and any clearing from ICA is not going to help
+1

JuanDC

Post by JuanDC » Tue, 21 Mar 2017 8:29 pm

x9200 wrote:
ppam02 wrote:

Hi JuanDC!

Did you get that reason directly from MoM or this is what you were told by the HR and they knew before about your troubles?
In my case, I just assumed that 'subsequent visits within a short span' is the reason why I was refused entry given that I was in Singapore for almost 30 days, went back to my country for 4 days then back to Singapore. Been careless, I know. My EPass application is still underway though. I am really, really hoping for a positive result.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 21 Mar 2017 8:42 pm

JuanDC wrote: In my case, I just assumed that 'subsequent visits within a short span' is the reason why I was refused entry given that I was in Singapore for almost 30 days, went back to my country for 4 days then back to Singapore. Been careless, I know. My EPass application is still underway though. I am really, really hoping for a positive result.
don't fret much.

Your being refused entry has no bearing on your pass application.

For that matter, MOM and ICA are different parts of the govt.

Unlike in Philippines, pass applications aren't subject to NBI clearance, BI checks ;)

JuanDC

Post by JuanDC » Tue, 21 Mar 2017 10:06 pm

ecureilx wrote:
JuanDC wrote: In my case, I just assumed that 'subsequent visits within a short span' is the reason why I was refused entry given that I was in Singapore for almost 30 days, went back to my country for 4 days then back to Singapore. Been careless, I know. My EPass application is still underway though. I am really, really hoping for a positive result.
don't fret much.

Unlike in Philippines, pass applications aren't subject to NBI clearance, BI checks ;)
Thanks a lot, ecureilx! I have fate in words of an 'Immortal' like you, really reassuring. I will update this thread regarding the result of my pass application so others under same scenario can refer to my experience.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Will 'Refused Entry to SG' affect EPass application?

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 21 Mar 2017 10:16 pm

JuanDC wrote: Thanks a lot, ecureilx! I have fate in words of an 'Immortal' like you, really reassuring. I will update this thread regarding the result of my pass application so others under same scenario can refer to my experience.
Immortal ? Me ? Not.

FYI, really, all long term residency and work pass filter through NBI in Philippines..

JuanDC

Post by JuanDC » Sun, 02 Apr 2017 4:46 am

Update: EPass got approved! :)

But, I just saw today that in the IPA Declaration Form it was declared that "I have never been prohibited from entering Singapore" since it was the case when I accomplished this form. Has anyone experienced the same scenario?

ppam02

Post by ppam02 » Tue, 04 Apr 2017 11:15 pm

Update on mine:

After waiting 4weeks and 2 days, my sponsor received the result for appeal for entry.
My appeal for entry through a sponsor has been denied by the ICA :(

As per JuanDC's experience, even though he's refused entry, his ePass was approved.
What is the next thing that I should do? Should I tell my employers that me being refused from entering SG is probably not the issue why MOM rejected it? Should I ask them to increase the salary to show to MOM? My employers are keen on hiring me on site in Singapore and I haven't told them yet about the result of the appeal for entry (due to being refused-entry)

Any immediate response will be deeply appreciated.

Serenavdw

Post by Serenavdw » Wed, 04 Apr 2018 8:46 pm

Hello All,
Any update this 2018?
Anyone experienced the same scenario? — that you’ve been refused entry to Singapore due to previous vacations and now an employer will apply for an EPASS. What is the best way to do? I have declared with my employer in the EPASS application form that I have been refused entry to SG. Thank you guys!
ecureilx wrote:
don't fret much.