Singapore Expats

PR application questions and approval chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Tue, 23 Aug 2016 4:12 pm

ecureilx wrote:
dynoto wrote: this lol, i don't know where people get the idea that TG bond students are entitled for an EP..
Years ago, a grant ensured a pass. Any job. Though it was never written. But it's been like 5 years since that promise disappeared....
sundaymorningstaple wrote:It was just like the LPR Scheme. If you had been granted a Landed Permanent Residency all you had to do was to arrive in Singapore and any job would do S-WP-EP (no S pass back then) $1400/mo also can (I had to LPRs working for me when I joined this company - Both Indonesian)
hmm if that is the case why not they scrap TG scheme as well? if the government intention is (or rather ... was) to boost number of skilled workforce through LPR and TG, doesn't seem that it is beneficial for them to not give working passes to graduated students.

I think we have cases where TG students can't get a pass....then go back to their home countries without paying anything ... effectively defaultod their bond
Last edited by dynoto on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: PR application questions and approval chances

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 23 Aug 2016 5:35 pm

dynoto wrote:
hmm if that is the case why not they scrap TG scheme as well? if the government intention is (or rather ... was) to boost number of skilled workforce through LPR and TG, doesn't seem that it is beneficial for them to not give working passes to graduated students.

I think we have cases where TG students can't get a pass....then go back to their home countries without paying anything ... effectively defaultod their bond
why not scrap? Oh ..

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Tue, 23 Aug 2016 6:23 pm

ecureilx wrote:
dynoto wrote:

why not scrap? Oh ..
Wops. Image
Sorry...Rephrase it ..... I was playing Fallout4 too much the word just came into my mind.
I mean why they didnt discontinue the TG scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birdsflying

Re: PR application questions and approval chances

Post by Birdsflying » Mon, 13 Mar 2017 5:58 pm

Good day