Singapore Expats

Martial Arts/Wing Chun

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
WolfmanK

Martial Arts/Wing Chun

Post by WolfmanK » Sun, 12 Mar 2017 11:59 pm

Hi everybody. I am considering relocating to Singapore and was hoping someone could give me their view on the local martial arts scene and possibly a recommendation for a Wing Chun school. I expect a lot of good places there due to the vicinity to China etc. Have been practising Wing Chun on and off for many years with a focus on the traditional style and my first research also highlighted a Jeet Kune Do place. Any feedback/recommendation welcome. Thanks. W

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Martial Arts/Wing Chun

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 13 Mar 2017 12:32 am

WolfmanK wrote:Hi everybody. I am considering relocating to Singapore and was hoping someone could give me their view on the local martial arts scene and possibly a recommendation for a Wing Chun school. I expect a lot of good places there due to the vicinity to China etc. Have been practising Wing Chun on and off for many years with a focus on the traditional style and my first research also highlighted a Jeet Kune Do place. Any feedback/recommendation welcome. Thanks. W
Singapore is near China ? That's news..

Where are you from ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Martial Arts/Wing Chun

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Mar 2017 6:52 am

If he's from the America's or S. Africa then Singapore is close to China by comparison. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

WolfmanK

Post by WolfmanK » Tue, 14 Mar 2017 4:56 am

Geography teacher? Do you know anything about martial arts? If not, that's OK

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Martial Arts/Wing Chun

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 14 Mar 2017 9:18 am

WolfmanK wrote:Geography teacher? Do you know anything about martial arts? If not, that's OK
I don't know about Martial Arts but I do know Singapore is far from China, unless, of course you drive for few days across few countries ...

DrScrumMaster
Regular
Regular

Post by DrScrumMaster » Tue, 14 Mar 2017 6:29 pm

WolfmanK wrote:Hi everybody. I am considering relocating to Singapore and was hoping someone could give me their view on the local martial arts scene and possibly a recommendation for a Wing Chun school. I expect a lot of good places there due to the vicinity to China etc. Have been practising Wing Chun on and off for many years with a focus on the traditional style and my first research also highlighted a Jeet Kune Do place. Any feedback/recommendation welcome. Thanks. W
I checked a few years ago. There was one school, and they had a waiting list.

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”