Singapore Expats

Need Advice: EP holder (salary super slightly below 10k minimum threshold) hoping to get LTVP for parent.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
hilkit

Need Advice: EP holder (salary super slightly below 10k minimum threshold) hoping to get LTVP for parent.

Post by hilkit » Sun, 12 Mar 2017 11:22 pm

Hi,

I am Indonesian EP Holder, recently gave birth and planning to apply for an LTVP for my Mom to help me take care of the baby.

My salary is 9.75k SGD which is just slightly below the 10k SGD minimum salary requirement for Foreigner to bring parent here. However, I actually have 8% SRS contribution from the company on top of my salary which makes my total reward actually surpass 10k.

I've been asking company-appointed immigration service (crown) on this LTVP but they repeatedly saying that the minimum salary is strictly 10k.
My question, if I try to come to ICA to apply and arguing on the additional SRS, will it help me to get LTVP for my Mom? My only worry is that it will make immigration tougher for my Mom and it will be more difficult for me to apply for STVP for her once LTVP rejected.

FYI, my husband and son are both Dependent Pass holder, even though my husband still work in Jakarta and flies here every weekend.

Please help. Any advice is highly appreciated

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Need Advice: EP holder (salary super slightly below 10k minimum threshold) hoping to get LTVP for parent.

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 12 Mar 2017 11:25 pm

Bad news. The threshold is based on basic salary not including allowances. Good luck though on trying to 'argue' with them. Be careful. They can win anytime just by saying NO. (and then they flag your file and you are doomed forever). But it's your game......
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

hilkit

Re: Need Advice: EP holder (salary super slightly below 10k minimum threshold) hoping to get LTVP for parent.

Post by hilkit » Sun, 12 Mar 2017 11:44 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Bad news. The threshold is based on basic salary not including allowances. Good luck though on trying to 'argue' with them. Be careful. They can win anytime just by saying NO. (and then they flag your file and you are doomed forever). But it's your game......

Guess my only hope is apply for STVPs and hope next year my salary will reach 10k :(.

Do you know if there is any maximum STVP application one can submit? For example, if my current STVP application got approved, and then my Mom went back to Indonesia for 1-2weeks, and then I submit another STVP... and keep on doing that on repeat.
Will that be possible?

And do you know the minimum salary threshold to bring parent in law on LTVP? Husband is Indonesian Chinese as well and currently looking for internal rotation to move here... if he find an internal job here, his salary will most likely more than 12k - will that enough for in law LTVP?

Thank you very much. Not so newbie in this forum but has been an unregistered passive readers so far - let me know if I broke any rules in posting this.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Mar 2017 7:19 am

hilkit wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Bad news. The threshold is based on basic salary not including allowances. Good luck though on trying to 'argue' with them. Be careful. They can win anytime just by saying NO. (and then they flag your file and you are doomed forever). But it's your game......

Guess my only hope is apply for STVPs and hope next year my salary will reach 10k :(.

Do you know if there is any maximum STVP application one can submit? For example, if my current STVP application got approved, and then my Mom went back to Indonesia for 1-2weeks, and then I submit another STVP... and keep on doing that on repeat.
Will that be possible?

Not very long. After the 2nd one you will probably find they will turn her away. Same with extensions. They will know what you are doing and that is why they have the regulations in place.

And do you know the minimum salary threshold to bring parent in law on LTVP? Husband is Indonesian Chinese as well and currently looking for internal rotation to move here... if he find an internal job here, his salary will most likely more than 12k - will that enough for in law LTVP?

If he can find a position paying him 12K/mo basic salary on his own EP, then yes, he can bring in HIS Parents. However if you are talking about YOUR Parents, then the answer is NO. The EP holder can only sponsor his/her own parents, not the parents of the spouse. However, if both are here and working and your salary is a close as you say, they may well look favourably based on the combined incomes. But don't quote me on that as it's pure speculation on my part.

Thank you very much. Not so newbie in this forum but has been an unregistered passive readers so far - let me know if I broke any rules in posting this.
Welcome on becoming an active participant! ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

hilkit

Post by hilkit » Mon, 13 Mar 2017 10:30 am

Hi Sundaymorningstaple,

Thank you very much for the quick response and warm welcome :)

Guess I will just pray that I can find a good helper then... I'm just so worry to leave such a young baby in a helper's hand. I'll be worry to death at office :) *new mom syndrome*

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Mar 2017 12:13 pm

I have a daughter here who is much the same 'new mother syndrome'. :wink: