Singapore Expats

HDB Rental statistics

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
x9200

Re: HDB Rental statistics

Post by x9200 » Sat, 11 Mar 2017 10:56 am

Wd40 wrote:
x9200 wrote:
Wd40 wrote:Got a call from my landlady this morning asking if I wanted to renew my rental agreement for 1 more year, the lease ending is still 3.5 months away. She also offered to reduce my rent to $1.8K a month from $1.9K a month which I am paying currently. Mine is a 2 bedroom HDB is Tampines. Basically she said, she knows the market is down and wants me to pay market rates. I also successfully negotiated with her to allow me to break my lease after 6 months, in case my daughter doesnt get a primary school next year nearby. Such a nice landlady.

I have been staying in the same house since 3 years now and the rental has gone from $2100 ->$2050 ->$1900->$1800. Good time to stay in Singapore, if you have a job that is :)
I like your enthusiasm, but it is sort of like saying, I am happy my Lamborghini was discounted by 5 dollars, while everybody is pretty aware this bloody thing is overpriced by 50% or more.
Think about it this way, the trend before 2013 was that every year prices used to increase by $100-$200. In 2013 peak rents were $2300, now they are $1800 for the same house. If gahmen had kept letting people in, rents would have kept chugging up. Its all demand and supply. Just the trend change in the last 3-4 years means rents are now 30% lower than what they *could* have been.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/pr ... a-from-4th
I can not. I have the longer stayer perspective. 2000->1500->3500 for a 3 BR nice condo. It just doesn't fit. I am happy of course I don't need to pay more and more, but the rental prices are still a damn abuse.

Demand and supply with this ever present kiasu mentality and many flats staying empty?

Search By