Singapore Expats

Work Permit marry PR, Help~~~~~~

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
niceit198

Re: Work Permit marry PR, Help~~~~~~

Post by niceit198 » Fri, 17 Feb 2017 5:12 pm

HR never pass to her or treat the paper are useless throw to trash. Lol

Next time that u can do are , walk in the MOM fill the "foreigner wish marry with singaporean/PR form" before fill i would suggest u told about both of u after married only realize that, require to get approval from MOM before marriage

after submit could be at least 1 week waiting or longer.

cm0721 wrote:
niceit198 wrote:if u never get approval from MOM may affect your wife future application in singapore just like PR application.

When u wife 1st Job with the working permit it should come along with a paper mention about "require to get approval for married with singaporean/PR, Or Not require to get approval if want to get marry."
The Work Permit card was delivered to her office and HR manager just passed her the card. There is no such "require to get approval for married with singaporean/PR, Or Not require to get approval if want to get marry." notification. So we did not noticed of this rules at all.

cm0721

Post by cm0721 » Fri, 17 Feb 2017 5:55 pm

niceit198 wrote:HR never pass to her or treat the paper are useless throw to trash. Lol

Next time that u can do are , walk in the MOM fill the "foreigner wish marry with singaporean/PR form" before fill i would suggest u told about both of u after married only realize that, require to get approval from MOM before marriage

after submit could be at least 1 week waiting or longer.
Hopefully be honest to them will help..Nothing much we can do already. :(

cm0721

Post by cm0721 » Tue, 07 Mar 2017 11:46 pm

Hi, My wife received approval from MOM today. But there is one line stated "While you are allowed to marry in Singapore, your continued stay here is subject to the approval of the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA)". What does it means? Does it means that she still need to wait for approval from ICA?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Work Permit marry PR, Help~~~~~~

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 08 Mar 2017 12:03 am

cm0721 wrote:Hi, My wife received approval from MOM today. But there is one line stated "While you are allowed to marry in Singapore, your continued stay here is subject to the approval of the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA)". What does it means? Does it means that she still need to wait for approval from ICA?
That Is standard wording.

Meaning MOM saying their approval doesn't guarantee ICA approval of long term pass or PR.

ICA will Decide based on their own criteria granting long term residency..

Don't worry much

Johnlim89

Post by Johnlim89 » Fri, 19 Oct 2018 8:58 pm

Hi, once MOM approved, is it allowed to ROM in Malaysia or it had to be in singapore? One is a SPR, The other is a malaysian citizen work permit holder in singapore, thanks

niceit198

Post by niceit198 » Sun, 21 Oct 2018 10:21 am

Hi, u Guess mom is work for Singapore or malaysia ?
Johnlim89 wrote:Hi, once MOM approved, is it allowed to ROM in Malaysia or it had to be in singapore? One is a SPR, The other is a malaysian citizen work permit holder in singapore, thanks

Murrali

Post by Murrali » Wed, 08 Jul 2020 6:13 pm

I have the situation. I'm spr but married wp.marriage done in Malaysia. now only got to know my wife wp must obtain approval from mom. I feel very depressed on this. Should I inform mom on this. Can someone guide me. God bless

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 09 Jul 2020 11:03 am

Let's put it this way. If you don't and the find out you both will probably have to leave Singapore. But you still have an issue as there is a possibility of when you notify MOM, she might find her WP cancelled and LTVP refused as well. I have a 12 yr old grand niece who has been living with me for 11 years due to a similar issue where the wife was found to have previously worked in Singapore on a WP and my nephew failed to check with the MOM (didn't know it either). She was Pregnant and ICA gave her an LTVP for 1 years. After the baby was born as a Singapore Citizen (Father is SgC) and the LTVP came up for renewal, the wife wasn't allowed to renew and banned from Singapore. Her and the baby had to return to her home where after a year, the baby had to be returned to Singapore as there wasn't a visa for the baby and only SGC. The baby has been with me ever since. She's never been allowed to return and the marriage has been annulled at some cost in the 'peens where she's from.

You are between a rock & a hard place and could have rather nasty consequences in either case. If you don't update your marital status with ICA you stand the chance of losing your PR as well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers