Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
zhuzhu leong

Post by zhuzhu leong » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 2:10 pm

Mandi wrote:
Guest00 wrote:Sob, i havent gotta any reply. Anyone who sent their application on the 17th got a reply?
I sent on 17 as well. Close to Midnight. Haven gotten reply too.. Seems like a lot of the gals had their replies. I think chances might be very low.. Unlike previous advertisements, they state when the emails are sent out latest, so at least ple are aware of the chances. Not for this time round
if you do not receive anything by this weekend, you probably aint going to receive any oredi

guest~

Silkair Final Interview

Post by guest~ » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 2:23 pm

Anyone here received Silkair final interview invitation letter already?

Hopeful

Post by Hopeful » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 2:36 pm

EX-SGirl wrote:
Hopeful wrote:Hey..... i've sent in my application way before the closing date but have yet to receive a reply.... Guess its due to my age (i'm 29)...... :cry:

Anyone whos around that age but managed to secure an interview? Pls tell me ya.....
Dun worry..... I have came across a girl during my interview few years ago who has made it through and she was 28 years old then. Then in my batch, there was this girl who is also 28 years old, going to 29. I think age is not so much an issue to them, but the complexion and overall appearance. Some people may look in their early 20s but infact, they are late 20s.
Hi Ex-SGirl,

u are not with SQ anymore? How come?

Josh

SIA Cabin Crew

Post by Josh » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 2:54 pm

Any guys out there have received their SIA invitation ? How come only the gals get it ? Any guys got theirs ?

Post by Guest » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 3:31 pm

Hopeful wrote:
EX-SGirl wrote:
Hopeful wrote:Hey..... i've sent in my application way before the closing date but have yet to receive a reply.... Guess its due to my age (i'm 29)...... :cry:

Anyone whos around that age but managed to secure an interview? Pls tell me ya.....
Dun worry..... I have came across a girl during my interview few years ago who has made it through and she was 28 years old then. Then in my batch, there was this girl who is also 28 years old, going to 29. I think age is not so much an issue to them, but the complexion and overall appearance. Some people may look in their early 20s but infact, they are late 20s.
Hi Ex-SGirl,

I was there 4 years ago... but I left due to medical reason. But I guess I still prefer desk bound job.
Sometimes you got to trade in for something else. After I left SQ, I took up Advanced Diploma and Bachelor course and I've completed both of them. :P

To those who didn't make it, keep trying and don't feel despair even if you didn't make it eventually. Life is such.... :wink:

Ex-SGirl

Post by Ex-SGirl » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 3:32 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Hopeful wrote:
EX-SGirl wrote: Dun worry..... I have came across a girl during my interview few years ago who has made it through and she was 28 years old then. Then in my batch, there was this girl who is also 28 years old, going to 29. I think age is not so much an issue to them, but the complexion and overall appearance. Some people may look in their early 20s but infact, they are late 20s.
Hi Ex-SGirl,

I was there 4 years ago... but I left due to medical reason. But I guess I still prefer desk bound job.
Sometimes you got to trade in for something else. After I left SQ, I took up Advanced Diploma and Bachelor course and I've completed both of them. :P

To those who didn't make it, keep trying and don't feel despair even if you didn't make it eventually. Life is such.... :wink:
Oops... forgot to include my username.... :roll:

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 3:37 pm

OK, I will. Thank you Goh.

Does anyone have any advices as to how our cover letters & resumes should be like?

Re: Silkair Final Interview

Post by Guest » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 3:48 pm

guest~ wrote:Anyone here received Silkair final interview invitation letter already?
no. i think not so fast. don't worry

eng

Re: Silkair entry

Post by eng » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 4:27 pm

Anonymous wrote:
guest~ wrote:Anyone here received Silkair final interview invitation letter already?
Hi, can i check when did you guys submit your application for this round interview?as from the web, there are no due date for the application. I sent in mine on the 20th, which is yur 1st interview date.So any idea, will mine put on next batch(6months later)? :?: :?:

Post by Guest » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 5:16 pm

if there's alot of late applications like the last time. i think there will be another round of interview conducted.

Ezanne

Post by Ezanne » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 5:28 pm

Aura wrote:This's e 1st time I send in my application. Im afraid they'll reject me as I declare a scar in the application. . . :(
Hi Ezanne, u're really a honest girl... Hopefully you can get the invitation soon..

All the best,
Aura[/quote]

Hi Aura, I got mine invitation at last :D Thanks for your support. Hopefully I can be calm n natural on that day. :wink:

Aura

Post by Aura » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 5:34 pm

Great to hear that! By the way, what time is your appointment? :)

Aura
Ezanne wrote:
Aura wrote:This's e 1st time I send in my application. Im afraid they'll reject me as I declare a scar in the application. . . :(
Hi Ezanne, u're really a honest girl... Hopefully you can get the invitation soon..

All the best,
Aura
Hi Aura, I got mine invitation at last :D Thanks for your support. Hopefully I can be calm n natural on that day. :wink:[/quote]

Ezanne

Post by Ezanne » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 5:43 pm

2nd July 2005 @ 1040Hrs :wink:

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 8:05 pm

congrats on getting in Ezanne!

I have 2 visible scars on my face from chickenpox... I have never tried hiding them with makeup, but I don't want to either.

Now I'm just afraid SIA won't accept me due to that. sigh.

Re: Silkair entry

Post by Guest » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 8:28 pm

eng wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Hi, can i check when did you guys submit your application for this round interview?as from the web, there are no due date for the application. I sent in mine on the 20th, which is yur 1st interview date.So any idea, will mine put on next batch(6months later)? :?: :?:
hi. i think urs will be put on the next batch coz we r oreali waiting for our final interview liao le. we went to the walk in interview on e 31st of may n e 1st of june. as for the web is still e old application.