Singapore Expats

Is Montrssori for Children worth the money

Discuss the many options of preschools and which suits your children.
parivinu

Is Montrssori for Children worth the money

Post by parivinu » Tue, 28 Feb 2017 6:50 pm

Hi ,

I have been fascinated by Montessori education since my childhood however my parents could not afford to send me then. So now I wish to send my daughter who is 3 yrs old to Montessori school. have been around most of the traditional and Montessori preschools in singapore .

The Montessori school children drawn attention to me.I really like the environment and the principal there. however eventually depends on the teacher. The school fee is pretty high around 4400$ per term.Is it really worth toddler there ?

Looking forward to hear feedback ..

Thanks

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Is Montrssori for Children worth the money

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 28 Feb 2017 8:05 pm

Why not try if for one term. My niece did it years ago and benefited. IT was the only school she loved.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 28 Feb 2017 9:12 pm

parivinu wrote:Hi ,

I have been fascinated by Montessori education since my childhood however my parents could not afford to send me then. So now I wish to send my daughter who is 3 yrs old to Montessori school. have been around most of the traditional and Montessori preschools in singapore .

The Montessori school children drawn attention to me.I really like the environment and the principal there. however eventually depends on the teacher. The school fee is pretty high around 4400$ per term.Is it really worth toddler there ?

Looking forward to hear feedback ..

Thanks
I don't know what specific school do you have in mind but in general most of preschools in Singapore that calls themselves Montessori has hardly anything to do with that approach. Singapore early education culture including the preschools is simply as anti-Montessori as it can get.

parivinu

Post by parivinu » Tue, 28 Feb 2017 9:59 pm

Thanks for the replies PNMGK and x9200.
I am referring to Montessori for school on mountbatter road .
Yes i agree not all the so callex montessori schools follow tradition montessori approach .

Yes i am also giving it a try for a year . Not to regret later :wink:

char05

Post by char05 » Thu, 28 Jun 2018 3:13 pm

Hi parivinu, did you try out Montessori for children (at newton?) in the end? Did your child enjoy it? Are the teachers nurturing?

parivinu

Post by parivinu » Thu, 28 Jun 2018 4:51 pm

Yes I have enrolled my daughter into MFC, i am sending there just for the traditional Montessori approach. Not all the the teachers are good. I did not know about my daughters progress untill this year when the class teacher got changed .MFC behind the money , just like other commercial schools. however I visited others schools in my premises which say "montessori" so this is better as par with other so called 'montessori' schools

char05

Post by char05 » Thu, 28 Jun 2018 5:48 pm

I'm considering MFC, Little Oaks and another one nearer to my office Milagros de Montessori. It seems MFC is the one with most traditional approach but I got the same feeling that they are commercial driven. The teachers at Little Oaks seem more nurturing but they are a hybrid of play based learning and Montessori. Milagros is most cost effective but not much reviews and they didn't allow me to see how a class in conducted. I'm still deciding...

char05

Post by char05 » Fri, 29 Jun 2018 10:21 am

parivinu wrote:Yes I have enrolled my daughter into MFC, i am sending there just for the traditional Montessori approach. Not all the the teachers are good. I did not know about my daughters progress untill this year when the class teacher got changed .MFC behind the money , just like other commercial schools. however I visited others schools in my premises which say "montessori" so this is better as par with other so called 'montessori' schools
were you able too see a difference in your daughter even without the teachers updating you?

aarthi.mrk

Post by aarthi.mrk » Tue, 19 Feb 2019 6:05 pm

Hi,
Has anyone enrolled their child in Milagros? We are moving from India to Singapore and have been looking for Montessori schools that do not charge exorbitantly.
Have not been able to find many reviews for Milagros.

nextlife01

Post by nextlife01 » Fri, 29 Nov 2019 5:10 pm

Enrolling your child in a Montessori school is one of the best things you can do for them and it is also worth the money because: Montessori schools focus on cognitive as well as social development of the child whereas traditional education focuses solely on social development.

American
Regular
Regular

Post by American » Sun, 19 Jul 2020 11:43 pm

Newton campus is highly recommended. Child blossomed here and learned so much. The arts and school performances were well done. They are the closest to true Montessori we could find in SG. Give it a try. Good mix of local and expat.