Singapore Expats

LTVP expiry

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
carlmichael

LTVP expiry

Post by carlmichael » Fri, 24 Feb 2017 12:29 pm

Hi,

I'd like to apply for a Long Term Visit Pass for my parents who are due to visit Singapore early May. However, my EP on which the LTVP will be issue is due for renewal end April. Can I apply for my parents' LTVPs on my existing EP and get them transferred to the new renewed EP or will I have to reapply for fresh LTVPs going through the process+fee again?

Alternately, if they need to stay in Singapore for more than 30 days using a regular extension process, do their flight tickets (in and out of SG) also need to be within 30 days? Will the airline while boarding or immigration while getting into SG have a problem if their return tickets are dated beyond 30 days of stay?

Thanks for any help with this.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: LTVP expiry

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 24 Feb 2017 1:46 pm

carlmichael wrote:Hi,

I'd like to apply for a Long Term Visit Pass for my parents who are due to visit Singapore early May. However, my EP on which the LTVP will be issue is due for renewal end April. Can I apply for my parents' LTVPs on my existing EP and get them transferred to the new renewed EP or will I have to reapply for fresh LTVPs going through the process+fee again?

Alternately, if they need to stay in Singapore for more than 30 days using a regular extension process, do their flight tickets (in and out of SG) also need to be within 30 days? Will the airline while boarding or immigration while getting into SG have a problem if their return tickets are dated beyond 30 days of stay?

Thanks for any help with this.
What passport do you hold?

Do you qualify for LTVP ?

You can apply under the current EP. When you get a new EP, if your pay level is met, you should get the new LTVP accordingly.

Immigration should not have any problem but depending on your country, the airline or immigration in your country may make noise. Or not.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: LTVP expiry

Post by bgd » Fri, 24 Feb 2017 2:47 pm

carlmichael wrote:
My parents did exactly this when they miscalculated their time here, extended online. Never any issue with tickets / dates.

My daughter turned up here with no onward ticket. Travelled in and out of Singapore over a 2 month period with no issues. Did eventually leave :) . That could be dependent on passport.