Singapore Expats

Can someone recommend a real estate agent

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
f13ldy

Can someone recommend a real estate agent

Post by f13ldy » Wed, 19 Aug 2015 7:20 pm

Hi all,

My wife and I will be moving to Singapore in September and would like to move out of the Serviced Apartment fairly promptly.

Having looked at all the property guides available it seems that I'm required to appoint a sole agent to work on my behalf. Having responded to a few property adverts I'm now inundated with requests for people willing to act for me.

Does anyone have an agent they could recommend to me please?

Thanks

James.

Search By

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Can someone recommend a real estate agent

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Aug 2015 9:01 pm

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

contraband258

Post by contraband258 » Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:11 am

No agents in particular as they do not have a centralized system and tend to hold their own batch of property from landlords. If they are representing the landlord, they do not take commission from you but if they need to reach out to other agents then that agent will collect from the landlord and they will collect from you.

Becareful when searching for places and dont let them hype you too much. If you want something simple, you can try the condos located in Geylang area (red light district is in the lorong 1x - 2x) but that is a good place to start and should be ok for a single person/couple. There are quite a few foreigners living there since they are newly built 'shoebox' condos for between $1800 - $2200.

Hope it helps

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Fri, 21 Aug 2015 11:21 am

You are recommending shoebox condos in Geylang to new arrivals? Let me guess. You're an agent?

cavemaner

Post by cavemaner » Mon, 24 Aug 2015 5:26 am

Rosscmrn, can you please PM me the details of the agent you used? I'm in need of an agent in the next few weeks :)

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Mon, 24 Aug 2015 8:46 pm

Huh? "they do not have a centralized system"?

When using mutiple agents here, as I have in other countries, they are always quick to remind prospective tenants that they all access the same database, which is true though only half or the story.

So by most accounts there is a centralized system, but in practice most agents specialize in their specific areas or though specific contacts.

Don't listen to them, use multiple agents, just be fair to the ones who show you the same place first.
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape.

pbez

Post by pbez » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 2:03 pm

I'm not sure if you've already found housing, but if not, check out my post on "A good real estate agent in Singapore." I'd keep her contact details even if you've found a house because you might be moving again in a couple of years. Good luck!

f13ldy

Post by f13ldy » Thu, 08 Oct 2015 2:16 pm

I have found accommodation using the agent supplied by this site. Was very helpful and patient and will definitely be keeping her details.

Rich1234

Post by Rich1234 » Fri, 17 Feb 2017 9:35 pm

By all means avoid this real estate agent named Annamalai Ramanathan. He is a very crooked agent. Will be very polite and smile in the beginning, but true colours reveal. He misrepresents himself, have illegal commissions arranged with other agents, show you very bad houses with fundamental problems but are cosmetically adjusted. Avoid him by all means

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Can someone recommend a real estate agent

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 17 Feb 2017 9:48 pm

Rich1234 wrote:By all means avoid this real estate agent named
And you know if you have any gripe you should take it up with CEA than slandering?

And what you described pretty much is how quite a few agents work ;) nothing new.