Singapore Expats

PR status - "Approved" for my wife

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
brothersfree

PR status - "Approved" for my wife

Post by brothersfree » Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:59 am

Greetings to fellow expats!

First post here! :D :D
I have just checked my wife's PR application status on ICA website and the status had changed to Approved on Saturday.

I am currently holding a Dependant Pass and working with a Letter of Consent. My wife's PR application was submitted along with my detail too. I am wondering if my wife's application is successful, does that mean I will be granted PR too? Anyone has any experience with this? Thanks!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: PR status - "Approved" for my wife

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 13 Feb 2017 11:03 am

Maybe, maybe not.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 13 Feb 2017 1:44 pm

brothersfree wrote:Greetings to fellow expats!

I have just checked my wife's PR application status on ICA website and the status had changed to Approved on Saturday.

I am currently holding a Dependant Pass and working with a Letter of Consent. My wife's PR application was submitted along with my detail too. I am wondering if my wife's application is successful, does that mean I will be granted PR too? Anyone has any experience with this? Thanks!
If she is the main applicant for PR and you have applied along with her, yes your PR is also approved. They approve the whole application or reject it fully.

akhil89

Re: RE: PR status - "Approved" for my wife

Post by akhil89 » Thu, 16 Feb 2017 1:57 am

Just wanted to check with you, How long have you been working on letter of consent and then when u applied for PR?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

brothersfree

Re: RE: PR status -

Post by brothersfree » Thu, 16 Feb 2017 9:40 am

akhil89 wrote:

Just wanted to check with you, How long have you been working on letter of consent and then when u applied for PR?

Hello, we have both been working for 7 months on the day we applied for PR in August'16. Just received the letter yesterday and both of us are granted In-principle PR and waiting to complete the formalities.

akhil89

Post by akhil89 » Thu, 16 Feb 2017 10:27 am

Ok thank you.

acmk

Post by acmk » Fri, 17 Feb 2017 3:35 pm

Congrats!

I'm very interested in your case because I submitted my application only 5 months into working in SG and couldnt find any post-2010 cases of approvals on this forum where the applicant worked less than the recommended 2 years before applying. Until I read your case!

Would you mind sharing a bit of your background and your wife's please? I know every case is different but just to get a better idea of your situation as reference.

Thanks!

brothersfree

Post by brothersfree » Fri, 17 Feb 2017 4:11 pm

acmk wrote:Congrats!

I'm very interested in your case because I submitted my application only 5 months into working in SG and couldnt find any post-2010 cases of approvals on this forum where the applicant worked less than the recommended 2 years before applying. Until I read your case!

Would you mind sharing a bit of your background and your wife's please? I know every case is different but just to get a better idea of your situation as reference.

Thanks!
Hi acmk thanks!

Nationality : Malaysian Chinese for both of us.
Ages : Wife(32) Husband(29)
Educational background : Both of us with professional certificate in Accountancy(ACCA,CPA), and university degree from UK/Australia
Employment : My wife is the main applicant working with one of the Big 4 Audit firm as Manager. I am on a dependent pass and Letter of Consent as Account Executive.
No children yet.

Hope it helps.

acmk

Post by acmk » Fri, 17 Feb 2017 5:13 pm

Thanks! This is very helpful! Congrats again, I'm sure it was a great relief when you saw the status change!