Singapore Expats

Sharing Your Investment Portfolio Insights

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
livingontheedge
Chatter
Chatter

Sharing Your Investment Portfolio Insights

Post by livingontheedge » Tue, 14 Feb 2017 2:12 pm

Hi

Wondering if we could share and exchange our investment portfolio plans going forward, and discuss your positions. For me, I typically avoid the noise and pay more attention to the macroeconomic trends and industry trends. I have two portfolios - one geographically aligned and the other by industry. By geography I am invested in China, India, Indonesia, and Latin America. While by industry I am invested in Energy, Technology (not websites or apps), Biotech, Pharma, Aerospace and Defense - most of these are in US and Europe corporations.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Sharing Your Investment Portfolio Insights

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Feb 2017 2:24 pm

aerospace and defense ought to be good to go if Trump has his way. :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Tue, 14 Feb 2017 3:11 pm

No idea what my next move should be right now. I think we're in for a bit of a bull run and it may even have some legs. But something tells me it's going to come tumbling down in the not too distant future. It's gonna be incredible, amazing, it's gonna be huge.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 14 Feb 2017 5:22 pm

Max Headroom wrote:No idea what my next move should be right now. I think we're in for a bit of a bull run and it may even have some legs. But something tells me it's going to come tumbling down in the not too distant future. It's gonna be incredible, amazing, it's gonna be huge.
Missed the word beautiful if you are going full Donald!
Life is short, paddle harder!!

livingontheedge
Chatter
Chatter

Post by livingontheedge » Tue, 14 Feb 2017 5:38 pm

I am actually very optimistic about property and construction across the globe, specifically because of the urban cities planning in many developing countries, and even in the developed world. But property markets arent too great (despite the REITs news recently) I think for now thus stayed off for a while.

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Tue, 14 Feb 2017 5:42 pm

Barnsley wrote:
Max Headroom wrote:No idea what my next move should be right now. I think we're in for a bit of a bull run and it may even have some legs. But something tells me it's going to come tumbling down in the not too distant future. It's gonna be incredible, amazing, it's gonna be huge.
Missed the word beautiful if you are going full Donald!
I'm afraid it's only going to be beautiful for the bears out there, Barnsley.